6,000mAh Battery Coming in January

Reaction score
Hey all,

I found this in my search for a new battery for my Phantom 2:
http://www.limefuel.com/pages/product-a ... e=SuTJ9ORc

It's a 6,000 mAh battery from Limefuel. It's available for pre-order directly on their site for $99 at the link above.

The 5,400 mAh version (which I bought and just got delivered today) is available on Amazon for $99 (Prime Shipping!!!)
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00M7F ... IH3OTWS26V

They are both the same price, but only one is available now. I pre-ordered two of the 6,000's, and ordered the 5,400 that got delivered today only because I needed a second battery for tomorrow.

I've briefly tested the 5,400 and it worked fine. Tomorrow will be the more extensive testing. From the Amazon reviews, I have seen that all the reviews have been good, except from those who bricked their battery by trying to install DJI firmware updates to it. Simple fix: DONT install DJI firmware to the Limefuel battery.

As Limefuel explains someplace, the copter can have all its firmware fully upgraded, and the Limefuel battery WILL still work fine (tested that much this afternoon). One need only skip the BATTERY firmware update.

I will let you all know how it performs after tomorrow's flight.

Best,
Rob

Pre - ordered a 6Ah one myself. Keep us posted with your experience with this brand, please. And happy flying!

I pre-ordered mine as well. Look forward to seeing the time difference

The testing went great! A lot longer on discharge (copter on, motors off), and about two additional minutes on actual usage.

The battery is recognized by the copter as a 5,200mAh battery, which I think is due to the chip and fake DJI firmware trying to make it look like a DJI battery.

Unlike with the DJI batteries, the Phantom Assistant software shows it pegged at 5,200mAh and then it slowly decreases. That was after the battery sat for a few hours after charging. With the DJI batteries, even if I run it from the charger to the copter, they never register 5,200mAh.

Even with the copter firmware fully upgraded, it had no problems with the battery in either a discharge/recharge test, or during flight usage.

The LEDs are a lot brighter on it, the casing is a near exact match to the DJI casing. The labeling is ALL Limefuel. Happy so far.

Attachments

• 10700445_10152847560172429_4071210599518539052_o.jpg
    10700445_10152847560172429_4071210599518539052_o.jpg
    183.5 KB · Views: 622
RobertMfromLI said:
The testing went great! A lot longer on discharge (copter on, motors off), and about two additional minutes on actual usage.

The battery is recognized by the copter as a 5,200mAh battery, which I think is due to the chip and fake DJI firmware trying to make it look like a DJI battery.

Unlike with the DJI batteries, the Phantom Assistant software shows it pegged at 5,200mAh and then it slowly decreases. That was after the battery sat for a few hours after charging. With the DJI batteries, even if I run it from the charger to the copter, they never register 5,200mAh.

Even with the copter firmware fully upgraded, it had no problems with the battery in either a discharge/recharge test, or during flight usage.

The LEDs are a lot brighter on it, the casing is a near exact match to the DJI casing. The labeling is ALL Limefuel. Happy so far.

Pilgrim state?

AlTiTuDe06 said:
RobertMfromLI said:

Pilgrim state?

Close - Kings Park. Got aerial shots of Pilgrim on that battery too though. Was a busy day of flying yesterday.

RobertMfromLI said:
AlTiTuDe06 said:
RobertMfromLI said:

Pilgrim state?

Close - Kings Park. Got aerial shots of Pilgrim on that battery too though. Was a busy day of flying yesterday.

Nice... Love to see video.... Where you usually fly? I'm from Wantagh...

AlTiTuDe06 said:
RobertMfromLI said:

Nice... Love to see video.... Where you usually fly? I'm from Wantagh...

Either one... but they are getting more picky at KPPC about flying, which leaves only flying at the flying field. I found out yesterday that at least some of the big remotes that the big copter guys use interferes.

We have a Facebook group - and are looking for more members...
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1459929110936067/
(DJI Phantom Pilots Long Island)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4