5v source inside vision

Reaction score
Hi all

I have just bought a strobon from flytron, and it needs a 5v source.
Is there anybody in here who knows where I can tap that inside the phantom.

Best regards and a happy new year

The naza has plenty of 5volt outlets!

The f1 and f2 connections from the top down are Negative/ground (at top), 5volt + middle pin, and the bottom pin is a PWM output usually refered to as the "Signal" line. The two spare connectors next to f1/f2 can also be use to draw 5v from.

I recently added most of my phnatom pics to a Flickr account (I don't know **** about Flickr lol) but if you search "driffill" or "ADriffill" you should find the few set I've uploaded, in the rebuild set I have a bunch of pics of where I've ran wiring etc, including pulling 5v from the naza . . .

I dont have written detail with the pics yet tho pictures.

Driffill said:
The naza has plenty of 5volt outlets!

The f1 and f2 connections from the top down are Negative/ground (at top), 5volt + middle pin, and the bottom pin is a PWM output usually refered to as the "Signal" line. The two spare connectors next to f1/f2 can also be use to draw 5v from.

I recently added most of my phnatom pics to a Flickr account (I don't know **** about Flickr lol) but if you search "driffill" or "ADriffill" you should find the few set I've uploaded, in the rebuild set I have a bunch of pics of where I've ran wiring etc, including pulling 5v from the naza . . .

I dont have written detail with the pics yet tho pictures.

Hey Driffill, nice finding! It looks like you're right since the power cable end has a 3 pin layout but only the top and middle one are actually wired (red/positive at the middle and black/negative on top).
So, are you sure I won't burn my gopro if I power it through the F1 port?

Thank you very much!

When doing this type of thing it is important to know what the current capacity is of the [5vdc] source.

Maybe someone else has the info or has made the same mod you are contemplating.

N017RW said:
When doing this type of thing it is important to know what the current capacity is of the [5vdc] source.

Maybe someone else has the info or has made the same mod you are contemplating.

Thanks N017RW! Yes, That's what I was thinking about. After some google research I've confirmed that all naza ports deliver 5v on the center pin and ground on the upper pin but I don't know if there's enough current to feed the gopro. I think that at least, I wont fry the camera but what would happen if the gopro "eats" more power than the power that naza ports can give? (amperage? - as you can see, I'm not an electronic engineer! lol) Would it burn the Naza module?

I don't know if this means something but I have fed the gopro from different usb ports that deliver different current strenghts like a low amperage old cell phone charger and also newer higher amperage tablet chargers, and it always works good)

You are correct in your cautions.

If you exceed the current capacity of the regulator or related circuitry (this lowers voltage from the battery source voltage) something will give!

This usually results in smoke, smells, or both.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic