5v main esc board help..

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me were the 5v step down is located on this board.o r whatever gizmo reduces the voltage to 5v is. I've bought new camera new TX and spent a ton of $$$..but have narrowed it down to this I have no voltage at the 5v test button tab on the esc board with a multimeter. So to confirm that this is my problem ,I cut and spliced the TX 5v to a 5v power supply and all seems to work except imu isn't working. So after removing the black box there is another 5v test button witch means that the imu runs of 5v too.. any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated..

Attachments

• 1466807729424.jpg
    1466807729424.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 1,042
  • 1466807861598.jpg
    1466807861598.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 838
Yea. An unofficial P2 main & ESC scheme. is available but nothing since.

Too bad we can't get a schematic.
Be very carefull...I was looking for 5v supply...the very spot you show in the picture..when probing thinking the leds wired next to the motors should work but the voltage is too high..long story short my mainboard was beeping and won't update...so I had another board lying around and fixed it.so I am buying a stepdown board...

Reactions: brhodz
I am looking for the OEM 5v step down circuit too as my 5v is dead now on the main board and I need to fix it.

I am looking for the OEM 5v step down circuit too as my 5v is dead now on the main board and I need to fix it.

Don't know if this will help...
You could always make a step down BEC 12V to 5V. Get a $5 USB Ciggy Car phone charger and pull it apart. Throw away the plastic ciggy parts and keep the board. Hook the ciggy board end directly to the 12V in the Phantom. Cut the USB end and get the 5V red/black cable out.

I am about to put a charger to my USB connection and see if that powers up my 5v circuit. I am getting a data connection from the front USB connector so I know that works.

Aircraft does 2 beeps, front lights are on, rear lights are blinking yellow, gimbal does self test and camera faces forward and reacts normally to movement. The front camera light is solid green. The only problem seems to be lack of 5V and the VPS/OFDM light on the side is dark and there is no connection of the bird to remote anymore.

Yes, I have no 5V at the test point on the main board.

If I were you after I tested my 5v at that same spot that's wen my mainboard started beeping,now it won't update,it trys but wont..it bought a stepdown board..im thinking that 5v spot resets the board?

Aircraft does 2 beeps, front lights are on, rear lights are blinking yellow, gimbal does self test and camera faces forward and reacts normally to movement. The front camera light is solid green. The only problem seems to be lack of 5V and the VPS/OFDM light on the side is dark and there is no connection of the bird to remote anymore.

I don't understand what you are saying. Did you lose 5v, then add a step down board? Did you up update your firmware? I am having problems after a total disassembly and reassembly. I am also thinking I ay have plugged in something wrong at some point. I think I caused this but not sure what is actually broken. I am starting to suspect I shorted out the 5v regulator on the main board.

No what I'm saying is that I had another board and I replaced it..it's working now I bought a separate stepdown board to get my 5 volts...now my old board is doing the same as yours..word for word you did the exact same thing that I did

So you changed the main board to fix your bird. BUT you were missing the 5v at the test points on the OLD board and was able to get the OLD board working by adding a step down board to it?

So you changed the main board to fix your bird. BUT you were missing the 5v at the test points on the OLD board and was able to get the OLD board working by adding a step down board to it?
Yes I was missing my 5v no I did not get it working..unless someone can tell me if it's a reset point ...or mabe when I used my tester it shorted somthing..if not then your board is trash.please stay in touch we may solve this

Ah OK< you were also missing 5v and a board swap fixed it. Was your camera gimbal working fine and the OFDM/VPS dead as well. I have no red light next to the link transmitter button.

Everything was working. .I was probing my board just like you..my camera started going into calibration mode..my yellow lights were blinking also..so I had my gps unplugged so I thought that's why my yellow lights were flashing..so I plugged in my gps then got on the app and it said to calibrate gps so I did..but it failed..over and over...so then I thought I would do a imu calibration. ..it got through 75 percent and then it stopped..then the beeping started...so I restarted checked app..could see camera and no imu..grayed out...could control camera ok..also said gps ok to fly..but beeping and no lights...sense I had another board I changed it out..also everything worked..now I have my old board capped [email protected]

Send me a email...mabe we can fix yours

E-mail sent but posted here as well to add info to this thread.

Did you do something like this to replace the 5v regulator?
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic