500M Limit?

Reaction score
Hello Guys,

I have a question. I moved out to Austria, and we have a lot of mountains here. In the middle of nowhere. The mountains are up to 700M. Is it possible to fly higher? With Litchi i can move out to 500M. But i remember a time that there wasn't an limit.

Is there a way to get up above the mountains?

Regards Jacco

You'd have to take off at a location above 200M in order to get above them.

Reactions: jeganx
Yeah i can't. The mountains are closed. So i can't get up. In the specifactions from DJI are saying that the Drone can up to 6 KM. So it should be possible i guess? Maybe to get back to old firmware?

It's only possible to fly 500M above the take off point. There is no way to get by that limitation.

Does the old "activate and then cancel RTH" bypass still work?

No.

The OP is based in Austria so he will be under CE restrictions. Altitude limited to 120m above take off point, downrange 500m limit. Dji warn about battery usage and drone performance if flying at or above 6000m. The 6000m in the manual is not a distance you can fly, it's your starting altitude.

Altitude limited to 120m above take off point
To clarify, are you suggesting DJI GO will prevent the OP from flying above 120m or that it's illegal to fly above 120m?

This all seems very unfair in areas such as described, clearly no sane airline pilot will be at low altitude over such mountains so what's the issue.....

But what do I know [emoji846]

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Ok, as I live in the U.K. And therefore a CE environment I can confirm that when you hit 120m that's it, dji go stops you. Up comes the voice "maximum altitude has been reached" and there she rests happily hovering.
That of course is 120m above takeoff point, not sea level

Did you increase the "Main Controller Settings" --> "Set Max Flight Altitude" setting to 500M in DJI GO?

Did you increase the "Main Controller Settings" --> "Set Max Flight Altitude" setting to 500M in DJI GO?
Fair point, I naively follow the rules and leave it at 120m the warning that pops up telling me off is enough to stop me experimenting.
Next chance of fair weather I will see what happens when I set a higher altitude

Yes, it is under the CE rules. But who cares? Look, i live in the middle of nowhere. The nearest town is 20KM future. So i can fly up in the sky. There is no flight route above me. The Return to Home bug is patched so that won't work anymore.

I heard that in the first version of the Firmware from DJI there was no limit. But i guess it is not possible to revert back to that version. I'm not using DJI GO. DJI GO has from the begin 500M Limit. Litchi hasn't. In the first 3 version it was unlimited.

874165ea1a7cdcaa03b533ebb1565e9b.jpg
013aa76141b2154324907ca10c006a59.jpg

Be a rebel.....

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.