500 meter limit.. how can we fly farther? I see others do it

Reaction score
How is everyone avoiding the 500m circle distance when flying? I see people flying very long distances outside the 500 meter range.

Re: 500 meter limit.. how can we fly farther? I see others d

They either use only FPV or they use a modified version of the DJI Vision App which only runs on Android devices
http://www.phantompilots.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=25244

Or they buy additional GS Datalink hardware. If you go this route I would suggest the PC 900 Mhz version because of its great range and non-interference with other radios on the P2V+
http://www.phantompilots.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=20664

Perhaps DJI will open it up at some point on the stock App, who knows

jaywoodz said:
How is everyone avoiding the 500m circle distance when flying? I see people flying very long distances outside the 500 meter range.

Are you asking about ground station or normal flying?

jaywoodz said:

There are currently no arbitrary limits other than heights currently imposed by the airport 'no-fly' zones.

Except... What are your flight limit settings set to?

Why are you posting the same subject as yesterday. Several people including myself spent time giving you responses, and good ones at that. :evil:

What a waste.

job2310 said:
jaywoodz said:

Are you asking about ground station or normal flying?

Both, I guess.

Do you have an answer you can work with yet?

Suggest you read the replies to your other thread asking the same question. If guys like flyNfrank have already responded you'll surely have your answer.

job2310 said:
Suggest you read the replies to your other thread asking the same question. If guys like flyNfrank have already responded you'll surely have your answer.

Thank you.

Btw, my post where I responded to him must have gotten lost. It looks like the one above that I made this morning over wrote the one I made on the 29th. The moderator may want to look into why that is happening.

Go to android and buy the litchi app. No restrictions. Say under 400 ft thought.

It appears the OP doesn't understand that the default radius of 500 meters can be increased by simply plugging in the craft to his PC and bringing up Phantom Assistant. He can then change the number from 500 feet to whatever he wants by clicking on the Advanced tab and then clicking on the Limits tab and editing the number.

Regarding way point missions, he's limited to 500 meters, but that can be overcome with the Litchi app.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4