5 Month Old Battery Replaced by DJI

Reaction score
I purchased my second P3A in March this year and saw a "Battery Failure" warning on the display after about a dozen flights. One cell was bad as it showed 4.13V while the other 3 displayed 4.33V & 4.34V. I always set the batteries to discharge after 3 days and always handle my equipment with care. This is my third Phantom and I've been flying for 2.5 years. I transport the battery in it's own pocket in my foam insert back pack and never leave it in the Phantom body. The "Times Charged" showed 15. The battery physically was perfect (never dropped or abused). I never fly below 45 degrees F.

This happened in August and since it was still within the 6 month warranty period, I contacted DJI thru email on August 29th. The next day, the 30th, I received an email from DJI acknowledging receipt of my email and asking for additional documentation including purchase invoice, photo of the battery with serial number, a screen shot from the Go App showing the displayed warning as well as a video showing how and when the error displays. All of the above was sent to DJI on Sept 1st.

On Sept. 4th, I received another email from a repair center in California outlining rather extensive instructions through 2 links provided, including sending them ALL the documentation I had previously sent ?? On Sept 5th, I received the RTA and a shipping label (pre-paid). The next day, the 6th, I shipped it back to DJI in CA.

On Sept. 12th, I received an email from DJI acknowledging receipt of the battery claiming that the replacement battery would be shipped within 5 to 7 business days. Two weeks later, the 26th, I get a notice from DJI that they shipped the battery. The battery arrived today, Oct. 2nd.

So, it only took one day shy of 5 weeks to get a simple battery replaced. At least the new battery checks out ok so I'm good. I've dealt with Customer Service & Warranty with some American companies (not drone related) thru email with pics and received a replacement within 2 days. These are the kinds of companies I enjoy doing business with. Amazon is another good example. While I appreciate DJI making good on a warranty item, I did not enjoy jumping through the elaborate hoops specified in their return process, nor in their false claim of sending out a replacement in 5 to 7 business days.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20