5 mile No Fly around airports- absolute NO fly or graduated by distance?

FYI The DJI airport database is extremely incomplete. There are 3 airports very close to my home not listed. Best to review the aeronautical sectional chart for your area.
I was inclined to agree with you until I saw a few sectional charts. There are too many layers to even glean useful information for my area.

I was inclined to agree with you until I saw a few sectional charts. There are too many layers to even glean useful information for my area.
I only suggested the sectionals as a method of locating airports, what the original OP was asking. They are not all that difficult to read.

This is not meant to be a cheap shot at you personally, but I have to say this. IF UAV "pilots" hope to ever be accepted into the National Airspace System as serious professionals (not the backyard hobbyist type), some basic aeronautical knowledge is going to be mandated. Based on what I know about the proposed rules that is coming. Reading sectionals is about the easiest part of the process of becoming a licensed pilot.

Reactions: jcknows0

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20