5.8ghz receiver

Reaction score
I wanted to know if a 2.4ghz patch antenna be used with the receiver?? I so new to this that I'm learning on my own and would love if someone helps me out....

hey man -

go study.

if you are talking about the craft control, on a phantom 2 vision, it is 5.8ghz.
the video link on the same craft is 2.4ghz.

the handheld r/c controller is 5.8ghz. your video gets to you/your phone via the re500 repeater which is 2.4ghz.

to try to answer your question without more detail - generally speaking - no you cant mix antennas.
and - the antenna on the controller is not removable unless you mod it.

there is a ton of posts about doing these antenna mods.

go study.

hey man -

go study.

go study.
Your rude dude o_O
Welcome to the forum josh .
A little more info on just what your wanting to do will get you more info
on what your trying to achieve .

hey man -

go study.

if you are talking about the craft control, on a phantom 2 vision, it is 5.8ghz.
the video link on the same craft is 2.4ghz.

the handheld r/c controller is 5.8ghz. your video gets to you/your phone via the re500 repeater which is 2.4ghz.

to try to answer your question without more detail - generally speaking - no you cant mix antennas.
and - the antenna on the controller is not removable unless you mod it.

there is a ton of posts about doing these antenna mods.

go study.
There is no need to be rude to other members. Everyone is a newbie at some point and everyone learns in their own way. Also, your input is not complete. How do you know which bird he has (he really should of posted that)? What if he does not own a Vision but a P2 non-Vision? As a matter of fact I use a patch antenna on my P2 controller. Did you know the P2 non-Vision uses 2.4ghz and NOT 5.8ghz? Without more detailed input from the OP we really can't answer his question without guessing. Just remember to be respectful of all members. ;)

Reactions: dirkclod
wow. really? i have 58 posts id say im kind of new too.

and to say "go study" is rude - i think yall are a little soft this morning.

i answered in general terms - and specified the craft i was referring to with my answers.

i still say - go study.

antennas are complicated. and so are the aircraft. the more educated you are, the better you will be.

go study.

wow. really? i have 58 posts id say im kind of new too.

and to say "go study" is rude - i think yall are a little soft this morning.

i answered in general terms - and specified the craft i was referring to with my answers.

i still say - go study.

antennas are complicated. and so are the aircraft. the more educated you are, the better you will be.

go study.
And I still say you are Rude o_O

Your right, you are new too. Thats why I was trying to educate you on the way things work here. While you were not excessively rude I am sure you have heard the old saying 'You can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar'. This means that it is easier to persuade/help people if you use polite arguments and flattery than if you are confrontational. I agree that many members here could read up a bit more before asking questions but when someone does, be nice and try to help if you wish, if not, just pass it by. Basically just be polite and all should be well.

I am curious... what is the significance to the 'Magnum PI' avatar?

its all good over here - i like a spirited discussion board :)

+1 to the OP - tell us more detail and we will help.

@ ol magnum pi over there <--- long story but i wear hawaiian shirts a lot, and at work i got compared to him, and then they made me this avatar,, so i use it.

i dont really like him though.

maybe a little.

its all good over here - i like a spirited discussion board :)

+1 to the OP - tell us more detail and we will help.

@ ol magnum pi over there <--- long story but i wear hawaiian shirts a lot, and at work i got compared to him, and then they made me this avatar,, so i use it.

i dont really like him though.

maybe a little.
Is good here too saylar but just was saying to answer someones first post with
hey man -

go study
isn't nice bro .
Most new ones here just don't know how to go about asking till we show em.
I still like Magnum and like him more now in Blue Bloods but now we OT :)

Hey fellas thanks to those that were nice enough to help me out and for the record I have. A p2 non vision

Reactions: dirkclod
Hey fellas thanks to those that were nice enough to help me out and for the record I have. A p2 non vision
Did we scare ya off bro :)

No I was so new to forums that I didn't know how to use this app but it's coming along and I find it to be very informative @dirkclod
Well I'm glad you figured it out and sorry I can't answer what you asked but someone will come along and help you . I just stepped in because
of your first response . Once you look around abit you might see what your looking for anyway . This is a great place ! :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20