5.8ghz fpv on FC40

Reaction score
Hi all.....a newbie here.....only had my fc40 a month or so....have had a few big crashes.....they can certainly take a beating lol....down to the topic...

I want to put a gopro 3 on my fc40.....have the mini iOSD but it doesn't work with the fc40 camera being wifi......my controller is 5.8ghz.....if I use a 5.8Ghz fpv transmitter....will it interfere with the control of the phantom or am I better going with a 2.4 to stay away from the controller freq?...

thanx in advance......great forum...have already read quite a few topics & seen some amazing upgrades...keep them coming.....hope I can post something to help others out in the future.....thanx again :)

Superphil65 said:
Hi all.....a newbie here.....only had my fc40 a month or so....have had a few big crashes.....they can certainly take a beating lol....down to the topic...

I want to put a gopro 3 on my fc40.....have the mini iOSD but it doesn't work with the fc40 camera being wifi......my controller is 5.8ghz.....if I use a 5.8Ghz fpv transmitter....will it interfere with the control of the phantom or am I better going with a 2.4 to stay away from the controller freq?...

thanx in advance......great forum...have already read quite a few topics & seen some amazing upgrades...keep them coming.....hope I can post something to help others out in the future.....thanx again :)

I don't really pay close attention when the guys are talking FPV, but let me assure you they'll correct any misinformation I give you. The short answer is that FPV for the FC40 is problematic for the reasons you've already outlined. I'm not aware of any simple solution to the problem, some have talked about replacing the radio receiver in their FC40 to 2.4, but the idea seems extreme.

I wish I had better news, and like I said I don't watch them like a hawk, maybe they sneaked something past me, they're tricksie like that.

Superphil65 said:

Go with 2.4. Suggest a taranis and X8R.

Markab...i dont want to change my whole controller.....just want to put in fpv transmitter....can only find 5.8Ghz transmitters....curious if the 5.8 will interfere with the controller or if i program a specfic channel for fpv on 5.8...just dont want a fly away when i get a bit of distance...lol

thanx for the info guys......have come across a few...not many 2.4 systems......think some of the distances are a bit exaggerated....2km for a 200mW???....lol

Hi there. I had the same issue as you, however I have replaced my Receiver in my FC40 to a 2.4Ghz one and got myself a 2.4Ghz Transmitter for controlling the quad. I am now able to FPV with fatshark 5.8Ghz :)

MarzBGx said:
Hi there. I had the same issue as you, however I have replaced my Receiver in my FC40 to a 2.4Ghz one and got myself a 2.4Ghz Transmitter for controlling the quad. I am now able to FPV with fatshark 5.8Ghz :)

I bet people would be fascinated if you could put together a little 'how to' guide. It wouldn't have to be anything fancy, you know-- some motion graphics, naked women, special effects, sharks with fricken lasers, and if you really must the guide itself.

Seriously though, if you build it, they will come. ;)

Hi all, OK I have a phantom fc40 and a phantom 2 vision. Keeping the FC40 in mind right now I just got a new camera for my fc40 the one stock camera. The problem is now they are both 2.4GHz and I was going to change the fc40's receiver to 5.8GHz so I can use the camera. When I look on line all I can find is ones saying Pv of P1 and just not sure what I can use or if different models might use the same one, I just can't seem to find that information anywhere so far. Also because my FC40's controller is 2.4 I don't know if I can use the Phantom visions remote for both since it is 5.8.
( by the way a few days ago I mounted a simple anti vibration gimbal and was going to mount a 700tvl camera and transmitter and just view on my 7' ground station but ended up finding this brand new fc40 camera and thought about changing it over.. It's like being between a rock and a hard spot.
Help needed
Thanks many times

Go with the Boscam TS321 and Boscam RC302 (or RC802). I was looking at that with 2 mushroom antennas (clover leaf is probably better), battery and a cheap $15 7 inch monitor before just deciding to upgrade to the P3S.

Last edited:
Well considering this Phantom is 2.4 I decided to go with ( for trial ) 5.8/ 200mw and low cost 700tvl board camera mounted on the back side of a go pro mount on anti vibration mount.
All tips are appreciated and thanks again

the phantom fc40 remote is 5.8 ghz.......... if you use a 5.8 fpv on it you are going to get interference... makes no sense but ok

the remote is 5.8 ghz so the the wifi on the camera can run on 2.4... same with the phantom 2 vision, 2 vision plus and the phantom 3 standard.

Hi Jay, I only know what the person told me when I bought the phantom is that is was a FC40. I can only honestly tell you the model number is P330 and the controller is 2.4 and it did not have a camera. I bought one thinking on changing the controller's receiver to 5.8 and getting another controller. I never asked anyone if I could use my phantom 2 vision's controller since it is 5.8.
Maybe someone out there knows what I really have..
I put a 5.8 video transmitter can camera on the so called fc40 and it works fine but really want to use the phantoms original camera since I was lucky enough to find a brand new one.. I am waiting till later to maybe change it over but not right yet.

p330 is phantom 1 running 2.4 so your 5.8 fpv will be fine.. is the phantom original cam you're referring to the fc40 camera? if that is what you are talking about, dont use it cuz the wifi is on 2.4... and you have fpv already anyway.

Does anyone know if I take my phantom 1 or P330 and remove the 2.4 receiver inside and replace it with a 5.8ghz receiver if I would be able to use my phantom 2 vision 5.8 transmitter. ? Was thinking on getting both a tx and rx 5.8 and using my fc40 wifi camera. I currently have a 5.8 video setup but the camera sucks, and getting a really good camera would be like 75+ bucks.. All thoughts out there are welcome. Thanks all.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj