4th take off and drone crash

Reaction score
HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

0.5m from ground when i was landing drone sudenly take off fly around 2-3s and hit ground with full speed all rotors on, according to sound with max torq. Drone is completly broken.

It was 4th fly just takeoff spin 360 and landing, just for learn.... Drone hit the ground 10m from my car parking... Not the best first experince with Phantom3 Proff. I made service ticket and have hope to replace to valid one but even if i get it i will be scared in flight.

HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

0.5m from ground when i was landing drone sudenly take off fly around 2-3s and hit ground with full speed all rotors on, according to sound with max torq. Drone is completly broken.

It was 4th fly just takeoff spin 360 and landing, just for learn.... Drone hit the ground 10m from my car parking... Not the best first experince with Phantom3 Proff. I made service ticket and have hope to replace to valid one but even if i get it i will be scared in flight.
Sounds like a faulty IMU calibration/Compass error problem. On your replacement, make sure they are done properly, and build up some new confidence thereafter.

92% I was almost on ground 0.5m and try to land. Look at my log link in first post. Strange is that gps show in moment of fly away that i was underground and finish almost 60m under ground. Track of drone after i loose control of it is also strange, drone dont fly so match right, and crash 30m from last position.

I dont need confidance in flying i need confidance to device that wasnt cheep and almost crash with my car. I hope that support do the job, and i get new one becouse i cannot afford next one in 2 days...

Reactions: DattaGroover
As stated it sounds like you IMU calibration was no bueno

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

92% I was almost on ground 0.5m and try to land. Look at my log link in first post. Strange is that gps show in moment of fly away that i was underground and finish almost 60m under ground. Track of drone after i loose control of it is also strange, drone dont fly so match right, and crash 30m from last position.

I dont need confidance in flying i need confidance to device that wasnt cheep and almost crash with my car
Just because it says ready to fly on the box doesn't mean you are ready to fly it, if you haven't followed all the preflight checks necessary for a safe flight. A bad IMU calibration or a bad compass reading or insufficient satellites could all cause the behavior you are describing, even with a non-defective unit. Been there! :eek:

Of corse there is a procedure before take off. I calibrated unit properly and fly and land on this setings 3 times. Also i have valid RTH position. I was 50 cm from ground when drone fly away, and logs show 50cm. Then drone fly up, and logs show that i was underground.

We've only got sketchy details so there's a lot of guesswork happening.
The part of the log that looks relevant is:
E 00m 04s 3.0 ft 0 ft Mode Mode changed to GPS_Atti
F 01m 27s -14.1 ft 12 ft Mode Mode changed to Atti
G 01m 31s -57.1 ft 38 ft Mode Mode changed to GPS_Atti
H 01m 31s -66.9 ft 46 ft Mode Mode changed to Atti
I 01m 32s -70.9 ft 50 ft Mode Mode changed to GPS_Atti
J 01m 32s -85.6 ft 60 ft Mode Mode changed to Atti

Why was your P3 losing GPS and were you switching into atti?
What else did you do with the controls after 4 secs?

It's shows your altitude as only 3 feet.
Usually a good idea to have some height because the ground is an obstacle too.

I do not switch modes. I do not know why i loose gps. I do not fly under anything. I fly just up and down. I was so suprised that i do not anything. I just take few seconds from fly up, to hit the ground. I attached ful log.

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2015-11-04_[20-13-36].txt
    117.8 KB · Views: 198
He fly from 50 cm to 20-30m and then fly down with full speed at 45 degres. It takes 4-5s from loosing control to crash. Drone has still all engines on at full speed according to sound when starts to dive. But gps probly isnt accurate cos gps track isnt perfect. Drone crash in other place and has other route.

The altitude numbers are clearly inaccurate and if the P3 dropped GPS as it appears to have, speed will not be true either.
The best thing to do is to go to Tech Support | DJI and click on the blue online tech support icon on the top right of the screen.
Have a chat with them and they'll want to look at that flight log.

I send them log via email, cos im in Europe time zone, so my support isnt working. Just want to talk in this sad moment :) . If they answer i will update.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers