4K vs UHD

Reaction score
Hello, was just wondering if anybody shoots in true 4K then exports to UHD to fit the 16:9 aspect ratio screens? Do you have your phantom set to 4096 or 3840? Wouldn't it makes sense to shoot real 4K then just chop off the edges if necessary?

Thanks!

Hello, was just wondering if anybody shoots in true 4K then exports to UHD to fit the 16:9 aspect ratio screens? Do you have your phantom set to 4096 or 3840? Wouldn't it makes sense to shoot real 4K then just chop off the edges if necessary?

Thanks!
I personally use UHD (3840) when needing or wanting 30fps. For my shots with fast action, many times 24fps is just to slow and there is a stutter effect . I get enough motion blur when desired using 30fps UHD (3840).

If I have slow transitions, yaws, gimbal pitch, etc., the I go with 4096. I actually like the letterbox effect :).

Check out this vid. It was shot in 3840, 30fps. It has nice motion blur. There are a few places where 30fps was too slow and produced stutter effect.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I'm sure the next phantom will include a camera with a higher frame rate for 4096. Would love to see it at 60fps. Hope it's just a camera swap out like the new inspire camera. This way I don't get stuck with an obsolete bird [emoji6]

I personally use UHD (3840) when needing or wanting 30fps. For my shots with fast action, many times 24fps is just to slow and there is a stutter effect . I get enough motion blur when desired using 30fps UHD (3840).

If I have slow transitions, yaws, gimbal pitch, etc., the I go with 4096. I actually like the letterbox effect :).

Check out this vid. It was shot in 3840, 30fps. It has nice motion blur. There are a few places where 30fps was too slow and produced stutter effect.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I looooove your video man ! Nice work !!

Reactions: Tashier and 2nd2non

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic