4K video playback

Reaction score
You guys know of a media player that will playback my 4's 4K content? My tv will only do 720p from USB. I tried a Roku4 but it will only do 1080p from a USB. I don't have a very good computer so trying to convert isn't an option. I wish they would have done multiple codecs instead of just h264. This has been pretty frustrating. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm sorry I must not have been specific enough. I don't have a very good computer that can watch the content without being jittery. I'm trying to find a stand alone player.

My mother in law has a lg 4K tv an from USB it does 4K. Pretty awesome. So does my friends samsung. Vizio blows.

I have a 4K tv. 70 inch Vizio but it can't play 4K from USB.

Transfer them to a 3.0 USB thumb drive. I do that sometimes with my Sammy 4k when I just want to watch it quickly. My Sammy and my Vizio can also see my WD MyCloud which is one of the ways I backup my data on my servers.

I just tried transferring to a USB 3 drive. Still no dice. Dang it man.

I have a wd drive. How can I put that as a cloud? And if it's a cloud will it be 4K?

There are lots of Android TV Boxes out there that are capable of playing 4K content through the Kodi app. I love the Nvidia Shield Android TV personally but quite pricey, but there are lots of cheap ones that wouldn't even cost half the price of the Shield. Correct me if I'm wrong, I think you would also need a 4K-compliant TV to be able to watch 4k media in all its glory, or at least a TV capable of downscaling 4K to HD.

Those are programs. Not interested. I want a stand alone media player.

Ok guys and gals this is what I did. I bought a fire tv 4K 2015 version. Hooked it to my 4K tv. Downloaded vlc from the AppStore to the fire tv and viola. Full 4K to my tv. Thanks for the help.

I have a 4K tv. 70 inch Vizio but it can't play 4K from USB.

Is that what Visio, or the TV manual told you? Or are you stating your problem?

It seems odd that a 4K tv can't play a 4K file from a USB stick, assuming the USB device is USB3.0 compliant. I would think Visio supports USB3.0 on a 4K tv.

Ok guys and gals this is what I did. I bought a fire tv 4K 2015 version. Hooked it to my 4K tv. Downloaded vlc from the AppStore to the fire tv and viola. Full 4K to my tv. Thanks for the help.

How do you transfer the video from your SD card to the Fire TV?

U can watch 4K via USB 2 and 3. Vizio only supports 720p via the USB port. All tvs are different. Some will do 4K but a different codec some will do 1080p some will do everything.

I don't transfer the video I just take the sd card strait from the bird and put it into the fire tv. I have the bird set at 2160 30fps and it work flawless.

You guys know of a media player that will playback my 4's 4K content? My tv will only do 720p from USB. I tried a Roku4 but it will only do 1080p from a USB. I don't have a very good computer so trying to convert isn't an option. I wish they would have done multiple codecs instead of just h264. This has been pretty frustrating. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Convert the h264 to whatever codec you're after.

You should be able to stream 4K with Roku I believe.

U can watch 4K via USB 2 and 3. Vizio only supports 720p via the USB port. All tvs are different. Some will do 4K but a different codec some will do 1080p some will do everything.

I don't transfer the video I just take the sd card strait from the bird and put it into the fire tv. I have the bird set at 2160 30fps and it work flawless.

2160 is the second half to two different formats 3840x2160 (UHD) and 4096x2160 (4K).

Actually it must be UHD because you can't do 4K at anything but 24 or 25.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl