49$ tablet works

Being 59, and as far from a tech person as you can get, If somebody tells me something's bad, bad for my phone, bad for my tablet, bad for anything, I'm inclined to believe them, if they're not tryin to sell me something that is!

Reactions: 185EZ
I have a kindle fire HD that's about 3 years old and never gets used. I'm unable to download the DJI app from google play store for some reason. [emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Somebody put one of the YT videos on this thread, explains how to do it. It was my second choice for videos, but it still tells you basically the way I did it.

Reactions: mikecorn1
Bought the Digiland 7" today. Took it home and set it up...........too much video lag for me. Didn't fly it but just looking around my living room.........I will use my phone or my son's tablet. They are high end so I guess I was spoiled.

I want to vouch for the RCA Voyager II being a good tablet for use with DJI GO. I ran it for a couple of weeks and it performed great. My only issue was with the screen (clarity, viewing angles). However, it does have a matte finish which may help with glare.

With that said, I'd like to add another tablet contender - Digiland 7'' from Best Buy:
DigiLand - 7" Tablet - 8GB - Black

It has virtually identical hardware specs to RCA Voyager II (Mediatek Quad core, 1 GB RAM), but adds GPS. It also has a superior screen in my opinion. The viewer angles are much better and while the resolution is the same (1024x600), it seems to have more clarity/sharpness.

For me, I needed a tablet that could pull double duty - using for basic web browsing, but also for flying the Phantom.

You say this adds GPS, as opposed to the RCA that doesn't. What does that affect?

I bought one of those 49$ fire tablets from amazon thinkin I could probably get it to work, and if I couldn't, well it was 49$, so what the hell. There are multiple videos on the net about how to hack em, they don't come with google play or the apple equivalen, just a bunch of games and movies and stuff. It got here today and immediately went to work hacking the hell out of it, for 4 hours. I finally got tired and frustrated and thought I'd try downloading the app to my pc, then hooking them together and transferring the GO app to the tablet. Those guys on youtube are intelligent I have no doubt, but they aint school teachers. The low tech idea I had worked. So anybody lookin for a cheap, and I mean really cheap tablet, the kindle fire 49$ job works.
They were $39 when I bought two of 'em. (I bought one for a five yr old granddaughter and the 4 yr old also wanted one, so what is a grandpa supposed to do?)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers