4072 meters (2.53 miles) yesterday

Reaction score
First, my standard is bone stock, no mods to the RC.
Second, the location is wilderness, frozen lakes and rivers, spruce, pine and cottonwood trees. Nothing (that I am aware of) to interfere with the signal.
OK, I went to the same place where I had previously gone 2.5 km to play with the camera settings while the sun was setting.
I decided to go further in a WSW direction to have a look around. I was very surprised when it went past 3000 m with strong signals on the RC and Wi-Fi. I started getting weak transmission messages after 3200 m but the RC still had a few bars. As I got closer to 4000 m the RC was getting weaker but just a slight movement to aim the RC and I had 2 bars showing until it gave out and initiated RTH.
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1456419820.981956.jpg
The GO app crashed on the way back, here is the screenshot after restarting the app.
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1456421097.603703.jpg

Last edited:
Hmmm, 50 views and no comments yet?
Anyhow, here's the photo I took way out there, the red arrow is roughly where I am.

DJI_0106a.jpg

First, my standard is bone stock, no mods to the RC.
Second, the location is wilderness, frozen lakes and rivers, spruce, pine and cottonwood trees. Nothing (that I am aware of) to interfere with the signal.
OK, I went to the same place where I had previously gone 2.5 km to play with the camera settings while the sun was setting.
I decided to go further in a WSW direction to have a look around. I was very surprised when it went past 3000 m with strong signals on the RC and Wi-Fi. I started getting weak transmission messages after 3200 m but the RC still had a few bars. As I got closer to 4000 m the RC was getting weaker but just a slight movement to aim the RC and I had 2 bars showing until it gave out and initiated RTH.View attachment 45006The GO app crashed on the way back, here is the screenshot after restarting the app.View attachment 45014
What is your question???

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj