400mw transmitter range very low

Reaction score
Hi, i just finished to setup my fpv system, but i am upset with it.... i've go a blackpearl 32ch monitor, a Flysight tx5804 400mw transmitter and two pinwheel 5.8ghz circular polarized antenna.... but in the clear sky i can only reach 500/600 meters before loose the signal, and if there are some trees in the middle i can only get 200 meters...it doesn't seem normal to me, as on the website i bought it, it is advertised for 4000/5000 meter... anyone has some advice for me?
thanks!

My advice would be play with antenna orientation. Also I know someone who gets better results using the straight antenna on the aircraft and the circularly polarized on the monitor. Hope this helps.

thanks, i tried to use the straight antenna on the phantom, but it is even worse... did anyone use the same transmitter? how about your result?
thanks

gmrwhite said:
Hi, i just finished to setup my fpv system, but i am upset with it.... i've go a blackpearl 32ch monitor, a Flysight tx5804 400mw transmitter and two pinwheel 5.8ghz circular polarized antenna.... but in the clear sky i can only reach 500/600 meters before loose the signal, and if there are some trees in the middle i can only get 200 meters...it doesn't seem normal to me, as on the website i bought it, it is advertised for 4000/5000 meter... anyone has some advice for me?
thanks!

Im getting similar results with the same system (flysight tx5804 400 w + BP 7 inch monitor) which is about 300m before video starts to break up

have you found a solution to this?

not yet, as you have the same result probably is that the transmitter is not strong enough.... maybe we could try changing the antennas..... or another solution could be use the immersion tx 600mw

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj