400ft Limit

Reaction score
I'm hoping someone with a P4 can help me out. When the specs were first released it mentioned a limit of 400ft set by software. I would assume this could be changed like on the P3, but before I drop the coin to buy it, I wanted to make sure. Thank you.

It's just like the P3. 400 feet is just a default setting in DJI GO.

I flew between 600-800 feet yesterday. I started in a canyon and had to climb to 800 to avoid hitting the ground around me.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I flew between 600-800 feet yesterday. I started in a canyon and had to climb to 800 to avoid hitting the ground around me.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
Exactly the reasons I need to fly above 400 ft from my position. Thank you!

The next step for these things is to have DTED provided either by the attached devise or a built in database. That way they would know true AGL, not just barometric/GPS altitude from the takeoff location.

The next step for these things is to have DTED provided either by the attached devise or a built in database. That way they would know true AGL, not just barometric/GPS altitude from the takeoff location.

That's on the P5 or P6, I don't remember which one ;)

Exactly the reasons I need to fly above 400 ft from my position. Thank you!
The 400 ft ceiling is AGL, or Above Ground Level. In Florida it's simple. In a mountainous area that could be more like average terrain. Planes with people inside are required to stay 500 to 1,000 feet above what they are flying over. If they are flying over a mountain that's the mountain plus 500 to 1,000 feet. For you that's the mountain plus 400 feet. For me that's the mountain plus 200 feet (commercial). Don't confuse Mean Sea Level (MSL), Above Ground Level (AGL) and average terrain. Understand the context of the rules: safety. The GPS knows where you are. They sell lots of drones in Colorado and Tennessee (high elevation and mountains, respectively).

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj