4 quick green blinks means = ?

Reaction score
For the life of me I can't find this in the manual
after the power on and following the warmup yellow flashes, .. Im getting a repeating 4 quick green blinks followed by a single green blink.
(it'll still allow me to start up and take off, and THEN it single blinks while in flight)
what could this mean?

I think I've also gotten double green blinks, which the manuals says to "power cycle" the aircraft.
..what the heck does that mean? unplug and replug the battery?

Gizmo3000 said:
after the power on and following the warmup yellow flashes, .. Im getting a repeating 4 quick green blinks followed by a single green blink.
(it'll still allow me to start up and take off, and THEN it single blinks while in flight)
what could this mean?

I think I've also gotten double green blinks, which the manuals says to "power cycle" the aircraft.

I believe that is the Phantom telling you that it has been moved after power-up. If you power it up then, pick it up and move it, those are the indicators you'll get. I'll double-check, only going from memory.

globalcop said:
Gizmo3000 said:
what could this mean?

I believe that is the Phantom telling you that it has been moved after power-up. If you power it up then, pick it up and move it, those are the indicators you'll get. I'll double-check, only going from memory.

the manual says 6-flashes occur after the multi-roto is moved after power on and before start-up. (but its def less than 6, and I haven't moved the Phantom)

I'm definitely getting 4 quick blinks with a single blink. (and I think some that are 3 quick blinks with a single blink)
and then after starting it up, or while in flight, with the sticks in neutral, it'll double blinks. (tho will also switch to single green blinking, which I know is good, but uncertain if the phantom is locked into a home position when I start it up)

I've yet to connect my Phantom to a PC to change any settings (or do an IMU calibration), but perhaps I'll give that a shot once I get ahold of a PC to do it on.

*I contacted DJI Customer Support, (who replied back in less than half an hour!), and they confirmed that I should do a basic calibration using the software. will report back once I give that a shot.

update:
following DJI supports recommendation that I do a basic calibration using the software,
that seemed to fix things back to normal! :lol: :D :mrgreen:

Glad you have sorted your problem, now I have the same, but it doesn't seem to affect flying in GPS. But my main problem which I have been battling for the last 3 or 4 days is using the software. I have followed dji's instructions implicitly, and also as many variations I can find, all without success. NAZAM runs but just shows in RED, blinking at bottom of window,"MC OUTPUT ON". But other than changing the display via icons at top, nothing else works.
I've tried on my Desktop, and my new Acer Laptop, both with same result.
So wondering how easy did you find it, and how?

Well, I had to go thru a few more steps,. as I'm a Mac guy
so I had to install Parallels on my Mac so that I could run Windows7 in emulation.
then i installed the DJI driver and NAZAM software without much difficulty.
.turned on my transmitter, connected the battery to the Phantom and then connected it via USB to my computer.
ran NAZAM, did the registration and it then after a lot of poking around, (and I guess after the Phantom also warmed up) found the calibration buttons (Check IMU Status and Basic Cali) in the Tools section.

I have a green light at the bottom left of the interfact (next to it a blue blinking light), and in my case it says MC Output: Off
so that's definitely different than what you're experiencing. (I don't even know what MC Output stands for!?

If you cannot figure it out, perhaps contact DJI support,. they were really fast at getting back to me.
(and report back)

Thanks Gizmo3000 sounds like mine is definitely not playing correctly. I've tried several sources but everyone says I should install the driver. Dxmmxt! I've installed it, removed it, fresh installed, so many times that I'm thinking about writing a macro command to do it automatically whenever needed! ;) :D

hi Gizmo - I too had the same issue , thanks very much to your suggestion, I was able to remedy the problem as well. However, instead of using the Basic calibration (which did not correct the issue right away ) From using the Basic Calibration I noticed the Advanced calibration , used it, and that finally worked !

As I understand, the 1-solid green + 4-blinking green pattern is caused by an unstable gyro and while it seems that a Basic Calibration should remedy the issue, it did not work for me . I then moved onto the Advanced Calibration and that did the trick.

For anyone using the Advanced Calibration (which is relatively easy - same as a basic calibration in that there is not much technicality involved, just some patience, while the software does its thing... Advanced Calibration however is between 5-10 minutes longer than Basic, and requires a Power Cycle: software will prompt you ) **** note that on the software version I have there is part on the Advanced Calibration Startup where a dialog box will prompt you to Power down the the MC (i.e. disconnect the battery) and restart after 10 minutes. I believe this to be a typo, and it should actually read 10 SECONDS, not 10 minutes. - (typical Power Cycle procedure : unplug battery , wait 10seconds, reconnect battery. - then re-continue with the Advanced Calibration.

As for the status indicator lights , there is a handy illustrated guide on HeliPals website (see link) -scroll further down the page to view it :
http://www.helipal.com/dji-phantom-gps-drone-rtf.html

Attachments

• advCal.png
    advCal.png
    77.6 KB · Views: 4,755
Gizmo3000 said:
update:
following DJI supports recommendation that I do a basic calibration using the software,

Your lucky, the software is not working for me, get an MC output error message. Tried everything software does not work, got driver installed, says it's fine and working but software does not work at all.

Did you have to do button combinations, etc for it to work? or did it work for you once connected?

denodan said:
Gizmo3000 said:
update:

Your lucky, the software is not working for me, get an MC output error message. Tried everything software does not work, got driver installed, says it's fine and working but software does not work at all.

Did you have to do button combinations, etc for it to work? or did it work for you once connected?

I guess I got lucky (sans my poor flying disasters)., the software worked just fine once I connected my Phantom up.
I didn't have to do anything after that, no special buttons or anything.
I'm running on a Mac using Parallels and a fresh install of Windows7.

kesnim said:
Glad you have sorted your problem, now I have the same, but it doesn't seem to affect flying in GPS. But my main problem which I have been battling for the last 3 or 4 days is using the software. I have followed dji's instructions implicitly, and also as many variations I can find, all without success. NAZAM runs but just shows in RED, blinking at bottom of window,"MC OUTPUT ON". But other than changing the display via icons at top, nothing else works.
I've tried on my Desktop, and my new Acer Laptop, both with same result.
So wondering how easy did you find it, and how?

This seems a problem, seems some Phantoms will fail to connect to the software, no matter what you do? If you get the drivers working, well good. I have yet to get the drivers to work. It's a hit and miss and some luck if this software works at all. If not you always get the message MC mode on.

So if you need to calibrate your gyros, as instructed to do when you get this message, then you have no option but to return your phantom for replacement. I can never get this software going.

I had the same problem with the 4 blinking green lights and then I noticed on the calibration video, the same lights were blinking on Colin's rig and he said that was okay. So I moved the Phantom outside and did the calibration and the lights changed to 3 blinking green lights. So, tired of screwing with it, I flew it. I had it up in a lot of wind and it flew fine, the GPS keeping it as steady as it could through the gusts. While in the air I noticed the blinking lights stopped and it had the single light it was supposed to have. I flew it around the yard through trees and between buildings and had no problem. When I landed it, it still had the single light and now I'm charging the battery to do it again. It seems to have fixed itself and the GPS worked great in the wind. Go figure. :cool:

Yah. when I did have the 4 blinks, it seemed to fly ok. (others have experienced it as well)
but I was still annoyed/confused that it wasn't a proper single green blink.
So running the calibration put things back to a single blink.
and I think it just might fly a bit better now (or at least in my head it seems to fly better after calibration)

took mine out for a spin today and once again hit some branches and took a slight tumble onto grass..
I put it upright and tried to take off again, had the 4 blinks - and taking off it kept wanting to tip over!
I've been a bit rough on my phantom this past week, so running the advanced calibration now just to see how that goes.

I am seeing more and more of this, the Phantom gyros not calibrated out of the box. have read a few, and seen one or 2 on You Tube with uncelebrated Phantoms, they seem fine, but tend to get worse. Mine was like this out of the box, the first night flew fine, second night would tip and would be fighting the controls in GPS mode, the software so far have found impossible to get going, so could not do a calibration, so sending my one back, and also one LED light fails to go, so for this reason it's going back, the software issue may in time have solved it, but not the LED problem.

For your experience and the odd other account a crash puts the Gyros out, so needs recalibrating. These things maybe sensitive, and even through the post may suffer misaligned Gyros? How knows, but I am seeing more of this as more get Phantoms, miscalibrated Gyros.

Your so lucky you can even access the software? seems a problem for some.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr