4 phantoms,4 different batteries...

Reaction score
If the smart batteries were compatible at least,it would be nice and a serious reason to upgrade

If you're referring to the four Phantom models in the Phantom 3 series, all of those batteries are the same.

I think he meant the P1, P2, P3 and now P4

Perhaps? But, then we could start wishing to use P1 props with the P4 (etc). I'll take the P4 props any day. I really like the new locking design.

Every release of the new models came with updated batteries because they keep adding more power to them. There would be no way to make a battery from a P1 work as they used typical hobby lipos. The P2 and P3 series look the same on the outside but have different cell counts & power on the inside. The P4 is a monster sized battery (more power, more cells). I am surprised to hear of peoples complaints about shorter than expected flight times with the P4.

I'll take the P4 props any day. I really like the new locking design.
How do you balance them ? Or is that a thing of the past with the P4 ? I'm still fling older birds .

Batteries are definitely one area where I want my Phantom to keep up with the times, technologically speaking.

How do you balance them ? Or is that a thing of the past with the P4 ? I'm still fling older birds .
DJI props since the P3 (and maybe P2, idk) have been very well balanced. I think P4s will be no execption!

Reactions: 750r
I don't see a problem with it. I don't want arbitrary limitations placed with DJI trying to make everything cross platform. I would rather have a custom battery for each generation.

DJI props since the P3 (and maybe P2, idk) have been very well balanced. I think P4s will be no execption!
Yes I use the 9450's they are real close to perfect not sure if the P3 has different hubs than the P2

Yes I use the 9450's they are real close to perfect not sure if the P3 has different hubs than the P2
The P2 & P3 props are the same threading but the P2 has a metal hub where the P3 has a plastic hub. The change was related to the active P3 braking.

Reactions: Squirrel! and 750r
P2 and P3 batteries look the same but with different voltage...It would be nice if the shape of the batteries was compatible but with improved specs like capacity ,quality and more...From p1 to p2 that was impossible ,from p2 to p3 it was easy and from p3 to p4 very easy...Many industries in the market follow this road with excellent results.

The battery tech evolves along with the Phantom. DJI needs to create a recycling program so that old batteries are dealt with responsibly.

Reactions: PrecisionAeroworks
I heard they have a quick release hub
Right. But, there is a hole in the center of the prop hub. It's just not threaded like prior Phantom props.

Reactions: 750r
No, that's not what I was implying. I was just saying that for DJI to have backwards-compatible batteries wouldn't be as easy as a lot of people think.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4