4.02 - do I need defaults?

Reaction score
I received my Phantom 1.1(.1?) from B&H a few weeks ago.

Upon unboxing, I connected to the NAZA assistant and upgraded firmware to 4.02.

(And I'm thankful to this board for flagging the fact that I needed to set the receiver to D-BUS, or that could have been very frustrating!)

But I read about setting defaults or download defaults or some such, and I don't know what that means.

I've had the machine out and it seems to be working fine, but I'm curious...am I missing something, or is the "default thing" only needed if you're upgrading from earlier versions?

Thanks!

I have not loaded the 4.02 on my 1.1.1 yet I will tonight but on the DJI site IMPORTANT : to use the tools to load the defaults . I will not take a chance they will get loaded . Not worth something going wrong IMO .

Matt
If you have a phantom and are using 4.02 you need to use them....they do not come over automatically when you load 4.02.... and 4.02 changes everything internally and that's why you need to bring them over manually. I'm assuming this is only for the phantom users....if you are using 4.02 on something else like a F550 you wouldn't need this default file i'm thinking....good luck

TheMattSanner said:
I received my Phantom 1.1(.1?) from B&H a few weeks ago.

Upon unboxing, I connected to the NAZA assistant and upgraded firmware to 4.02.

(And I'm thankful to this board for flagging the fact that I needed to set the receiver to D-BUS, or that could have been very frustrating!)

But I read about setting defaults or download defaults or some such, and I don't know what that means.

I've had the machine out and it seems to be working fine, but I'm curious...am I missing something, or is the "default thing" only needed if you're upgrading from earlier versions?

Thanks!

Hi
I run the firmware 4.02 and now I have a problem with the compass, I can´t calibrate
thanks for the help!

Did you also download the file: Phantom Default Configuration Parameters, then import that into the assistant software so that it resets the settings back to the defaults?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj