4.00 works fine so far BUT

Reaction score
I was on a trail with the phantom and started walking and flying the phantom and forgot I had 200m and 200m in the limit. Well it did not stay in front and started drifting off in the 200m arc. Then I hit the fail safe and it went up and went back to within 2 inches of where I stated and landed! I was shocked it landed right where it took off. Still once we hit that limit, we have no way to control it back. I did just wait to see if it would come back but it did not. How do we turn off the limit? It would be nice to have a switch or mode. I was in ATT. And not GPS I do believe. Also what is also needed is a breaker because if the phantom landed in the bushes there would be no way to see it to shut the motors down and would it burn them up?

Skylane765 said:
I was on a trail with the phantom and started walking and flying the phantom and forgot I had 200m and 200m in the limit. Well it did not stay in front and started drifting off in the 200m arc. Then I hit the fail safe and it went up and went back to within 2 inches of where I stated and landed! I was shocked it landed right where it took off. Still once we hit that limit, we have no way to control it back. I did just wait to see if it would come back but it did not. How do we turn off the limit? It would be nice to have a switch or mode. I was in ATT. And not GPS I do believe. Also what is also needed is a breaker because if the phantom landed in the bushes there would be no way to see it to shut the motors down and would it burn them up?

Welcome to the problems of v4.00 !!
The limit feature doesn't work properly - please see many posts on other threads to this effect.

In your situation you could have set the distance limit to max which is 10000m which would be 6.2 miles.

Same thing happened to me. At 200 m it just kinda hovers and moves in an arc. Only way to get control back is to put it in failsafe and once it comes back toward you, then you can regain control by going to atti or gps.

The Editor said:
Skylane765 said:

Welcome to the problems of v4.00 !!
The limit feature doesn't work properly - please see many posts on other threads to this effect.

In your situation you could have set the distance limit to max which is 10000m which would be 6.2 miles.

Yes, I read all the posts, I like the limit, but do not like using the computer to turn on and off.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20