3rd time, NOT a CHARM :(

Reaction score
That's about what I get with mine.... I think it's because of the fish eye.... It's no better, and no worse than my camera. How I get around it is to shoot multiple images and stitch them together.... Pushing the blur away, or crop in slightly on that side... If you use photoshop and adjust for the camera bulge, you will really see how soft the edges are.....

That fuzzy look to the left edge is also what I get with mine.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I bought through eglobaldigitalcameras.com.au (they are actually in Hong Kong)
who have an online complaints/support service.

After I opened a case, they contacted me back within 24 hours requesting some photo examples.

I sent those through, and another 24 hours later they've asked me to mail the camera back to them for replacement.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can I ask why you're on your third P2V?

My original camera was quite soft on the right edge. The first replacement was way worse, but on the left side. Actually about a third of the image was just plain out of focus. The second replacement is the best of the three, although far from perfect. The corners suck, and the extreme right edge is out of focus. But then if you look closely, like everyone else's, nothing is really sharp at all. It's just a cheap camera but man oh man does it fly. Enjoy it for what it is. As far as I can tell, the design and/or the manufacturing is just inherently flawed and if you are a photographer you will be disappointed. Doesn't stop me from having a blast with it though.

thanks guys, at least I know it is not just me and I am not missing the "good" camera. I watched the video I shot last night and ugh it was shaky. It was windy so will blame that for now. Also wonder if my MAC is slow - video seemed to jittery then my other units I had. Even tried cleaning in iMovie ( I know not the best) and if didn't seem to help much. Will see but I predict a gimbal in my future.

Patb01027 said:
thanks guys, at least I know it is not just me and I am not missing the "good" camera. I watched the video I shot last night and ugh it was shaky. It was windy so will blame that for now. Also wonder if my MAC is slow - video seemed to jittery then my other units I had. Even tried cleaning in iMovie ( I know not the best) and if didn't seem to help much. Will see but I predict a gimbal in my future.

I'm really in two minds about a gimbal.

The cost of a Vision gimbal is a fair deposit towards the cost of something that's clearly better - like an s800 with zenmuse gimbal.

I'm half inclined to stick with software to stabilize footage in post-production while I enjoy the Vision and train my skills for a bigger rig, or saying 'Bugger it' and getting a gimbal anyhow.

If you have a Mac, you can consider getting an Adobe Cloud subscription and using After Effects and Premiere to stabilize and edit your footage.

Rotorpixel gimbal is going to have a gopro adapter so could be taken forward to another airframe. If you intend to go down the heavy lift route and get a DSLR in the air then you might well be better leaving things until you are ready to upgrade. Don't forget any other platform will require additional hardware to give you FPV, telemetry and remote camera operation.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik