3rd party gimbals weight compare

Reaction score
Hallo guys,
since I am considering buyng one of the options besides the price also weight is important. I will make some resume in this first post. Could you add the datas for the gimbals that you know? I also put the total weight of phantom for each.

Gimbal name ........ gimbal weight .......... Phantom total weight
1. Rotorpixel ...............262g .....................1394g
2. Dronexpoert ...............(?) ....................1320g
3. AerialFreaks ..........201g.......................1333g
4. Taco .....................(170g ??) ................(?)
5. Goodluck 1 .................(?) .....................(?)

P2Vplus with 3axis gimbal and 1242g makes great job here.

I can't believe the RotorPixel weighs 262g? Sounds really heavy for 2 axis only gimbal :cry: .

Maybe my balance is out of whack - so I've weighed the original servo gimbal at 28g and the camera at 107g if any one wants to compare.

Goodluck 1 is 197g weighed with a slightly heavier BGC board so should be a few grams lighter.
GimbalGB.jpg

Servo gimbal 28g
gimbal%20original.jpg

Camera at 107g
camera.jpg

By the way Goodluck 2 is out of stock - that usually means discontinued.

Nice, so if we deduct 28g from total weight 1160, coz one usually puts off this part to install the gimbal, we have net 1132g + gimbal weight. I put some new numbers. I'd like to have Taco and Goodluck gimbal numbers.

But comparing just weight only is not correct, gimbal should be light but at the same time should be rigid for best results, so you can get light gimbal but when one axis plays relative another you can not rise gains or you will get shakes and weak stabilization ;) just my 2 cents :roll:

Piranha said:
But comparing just weight only is not correct, gimbal should be light but at the same time should be rigid for best results, so you can get light gimbal but when one axis plays relative another you can not rise gains or you will get shakes and weak stabilization ;) just my 2 cents :roll:

That's all clear and I don't say rotorpixel is bad because of weight. This is only to have an idea how they stand. Just only one thing among others to compare before buying. Sure u will prefer one heavier but working to lighter crap.:)

Piranha said:
But comparing just weight only is not correct,

I agree - Comparing videos is the best.
I haven't found any video that had no jello/vibration on the P2V (Rotor Pixel, Drone Expert, Taco and Cheap gimbals).
In hover flight and very slow forward flight some are pretty good, but in faster forward flight its another story.
I've seen some footage with no jello/vibrations with Gopro3 on phantom 2 though.

If anyone could post a jello/vibration free video of a P2V - (P2V+ too) as I'm starting to believe the camera is just too sensitive to vibrations and is the main issue.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues