3rd Party Batteries

Reaction score
Does anyone have an opinion on 3rd party batteries for the Phantom 3?

Props, motors, and batteries are three of the most important components in your Phantom. If any of them fail, your Phantom will most likely crash. Stick with OEM DJI parts since they were designed for the Phantom, have been tested extensively, are known to work well, and are covered under warranty.

Reactions: ROD PAINTER
Yes, spend the extra $ for OEM intelligent flight battery packs.

RedHotPoker

I don't think they work anymore after previous firmware updates. The only thing I've seen now is just dual battery mods and I think they work with a modded P3 battery

Stick with DJI OEM parts for the propulsion system (props, batteries, motors). There is an inherent cost associated with this hobby. The OEM parts are only a little more cost than third party gear and DJI will not warranty a quad with aftermarket products on it. Do yourself a favor and get DJI replacement parts when possible.

Reactions: ROD PAINTER
Oh, another "Intelligent flight battery" purchase. ;-)

RedHotPoker

some of the third part replacement is not good enough, but, there are also some sellers have very good replacment batteries!
so, when we checked the customers review for the item, we also could find very good batteriese for DJI 3 with the lower price!
there are some seller in Amazon offer one year warranty for the batteries, so, this will be better, thanks!

Their warranty for their batteries won't matter much if it fails and causes your drone to drop like a brick. And, of course, DJI won't honor your warranty for repairs to your drone if it's someone else's battery - nor should they.

Only DJI brand props and batteries for me.

Reactions: Matchlock
some of the third part replacement is not good enough, but, there are also some sellers have very good replacment batteries!
so, when we checked the customers review for the item, we also could find very good batteriese for DJI 3 with the lower price!
there are some seller in Amazon offer one year warranty for the batteries, so, this will be better, thanks!

Please don't listen to this poster about batteries. DJI's firmware no longer allows 3rd party batteries to be used. Even if they did work, DJI would most likely release new firmware to stop them from working.

On that note, is there any place other than DJI to purchase genuine DJI props?

Thanks

Bud

Their warranty for their batteries won't matter much if it fails and causes your drone to drop like a brick. And, of course, DJI won't honor your warranty for repairs to your drone if it's someone else's battery - nor should they.

Only DJI brand props and batteries for me.

Reactions: joet
I've bought dozens of basic 4s and 5s li-po packs, both for model helis and other battery supply needs.
Some are fully up to spec. (about 50%),
some are poor in terms of capacity, maybe only 70% of quoted mAH, or don't balance well (about 40%),
and some are useless.
I think you get what you pay for, so perhaps if a supplier has gone to the trouble of fitting them up with cases with protection circuits they'll be at the top end of the scale.

If the craft is valuable to you and it's under warranty..........

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers