3D Titles? What program do I use? I want play around, don't know where to start.

Reaction score
I really want to make some 3D titles and animate them with a green background. That way I can simulate drone flight and use a green chroma key and make it look like my drone is flying through them at the beginning of videos. Does that make sense? Any amateurs video makers do this? Anybody know of good 3D programs to simulate camera work around 3D objects, then add them into a video using a green screen/chroma key.

Here's my recent video shot in Utah with my DJI Spark. It'd be a whole lot cooler if there was a big UTAH! at the beginning and my drone flew through it.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
You could probably do it with Blender. And you can't beat the price. I would film the drone in front of a green screen and chroma composite it flying through your rendered object.

Reactions: BingErr
You could probably do it with Blender. And you can't beat the price. I would film the drone in front of a green screen and chroma composite it flying through your rendered object.
Thanks, I was also finding Blender might be the way to go. I'm going to start with some stationary 3D titles first and try to simulate flying the drone through/between them. Then I'm going to try to add movement to the titles also. It has been a while since I played around with chroma key so we'll see how it goes. I'm using Premier as my main editing tool but I may have to get Aftereffects too.

I did a quick experiment a while back, cinema 4D and After Effects
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
I didn't green screen, just composite.

It would be easy enough with AE and element 3D if you don't mind paying the extra, or possible AE alone

Spent a few days in Salt Lake about 10 years ago, It's a very beautiful and rugged state. Some great video with your new Spark. [emoji1303]

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31