3D printed part request (for Phantom 3)

msinger

Approved Vendor
Reaction score
Website
phantomhelp.com
If anyone has an idea for a 3D printed part you'd like for your Phantom 3 (that doesn't already exist today), please post a detailed description of your idea below. A few people on this forum have 3D printers (like me) and would likely be able to help make these ideas come to life.

Here are some of the parts I've created so far:

If anyone has an idea for a 3D printed part you'd like for your Phantom 3 (that doesn't already exist today), please post a detailed description of your idea below. A few people on this forum have 3D printers (like me) and would likely be able to help make these ideas come to life.

Here are some of the parts I've created so far:

1. Dust cover for SD card
2. Louvres for open slots to withstand light rain drizzles.
3. Flexible landing gear to withstand hard landings

Please release the design files so that any one can get them printed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Digdat0
I'd like to see an easier to install/remove Gimbal Lock without the lens cover, similar in function at least to the original DJI one.
The DJI is a good design in it's function; the problem is that it's so difficult to put on especially in the field, (removing it is no problem).

Most of the time my Phantom sits in the case, so a lens cover is not crucial. (I do have a couple of lens covers and use them only when the Phantom is sitting out of the case for awhile, say as in a cool down prep for an IMU calibration). My most important use for the DJI Gimbal Lock for (as awkward as it is) besides securing the gimbal during transportation, is whenever I am installing or removing batteries (which can be stuck and unexpectedly release), or changing ND filters. Especially when changing filters, the DJI Lock design functions perfectly by keeping the camera/gimbal secure and providing open access to the lens while I fiddle with unscrewing and installing different ND filter.

I wish a new design Gimbal Lock would secure the camera and gimbal, yet provide access to the lens to switch filters,
and mainly be easier to re-install in the field while in say low-light, windy or otherwise uneasy situations.
What do you think?

*A thing to hold the tablet/phone mount up. Sometimes it flops and stuff and I don't want to tighten it because it will strip it.

*clip to clip the propellers all together so they are not all separate.

These are some things that I would like to have and maybe be handy for some other people.

Are the things you make free? I looked at the ones you have linked and they say "free".

Sent from my SM-T350 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Are the things you make free? I looked at the ones you have linked and they say "free".
They are free (for now) after you pay for shipping. Donations are accepted though. It helps offset the time it takes to craft these parts.

Some sort of inexpensive clamp for the underside of the remote so you can tether the front (side facing you) down by your belt, waist or lower chest. With a tablet mounted and hanging on a neck/shoulder tether, it flops over away from you.

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Funny enough I'm about to do a Photoshop design of extras to be made. It's a little bit "out of the box" but here is my idea

1) a dome that slots between the prop and the motor to keep it rain proof flicking water away from the motor

2) similar thing for the air vents to let the air out and also keep water out

3) safety box around the whole camera/gimble giving it enough room for the camera to move but yet adds extra safety for a crash.

Hard to explain with out the prototype Photoshop pics, but as soon as I get round to doing them I will post them up here

Neon Euc

Reactions: Bill A
How do I get 10 of the Phantom 3 battery port protectors?? Its the small 3 inch or so piece that will plug into the port of a P3 battery when its not in use. Keeps out dust and prevents the likelihood of a shortage.
Thanks!

Reactions: Neon Euc and Bill A

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj