35mph limit in GPS mode - seemingly no matter what

Reaction score
I never really tried this before but yesterday was pretty stiff winds and I wanted some sunset pics. Flew in both ATTI and GPS modes. In GPS mode, with tail wind, I was only able to achieve 35mph. In ATTI mode, with tail wind, I got to 55mph. I wasn't aware that the speed limit worked even with a tailwind. It will be interesting to see what speed the P4's achieve.

DJI throttled the P3 P-GPS downwind speeds to 35mph some time ago in one of the aircraft firmware updates. Just glad that they are still unfettered in ATTI mode!

DJI throttled the P3 P-GPS downwind speeds to 35mph some time ago in one of the aircraft firmware updates. Just glad that they are still unfettered in ATTI mode!

I guess it's a good thing for those who may not be that comfortable when their P3 takes off when they turn downwind.

I guess it's a good thing for those who may not be that comfortable when their P3 takes off when they turn downwind.
When you smartly flew into the wind on your way out and paid the speed penalty, it would be really nice to get the benefit of the tail wind on the way back! However, I see your point. It does have some safety benefits.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4