$357.54 Later

Reaction score
Just got my P3A back after three weeks at ATKdrones in SLC. In still don't know exactly what happened. After several successful rookie flights in a large open park, I decided to fly from my back yard. I have an area about 20 feet wide and 75 feet long between my house and a ravine. Everything went fine except for the landing. I was slowly coming in backward about four feet off the ground. Then, the Phantom got close to a bird feeder pole next to the house. I attempted to correct but it continued into the pole and fell to the ground. The battery came loose, two props were broken but no other visible damage. But, the Central Main Board IMU was damaged and had to be replaced. Wish me luck when I fly again tomorrow. (From the large open park.)

Regards, Jim

First post repair flight went very well. Several take off and landing. First two via auto take off and RTH landing. Many more in manual. Conditions were perfect, sunshine, light wind, about 6 mph, in a large open park. I was able to land within 4 feet of my target landing spot. I need more practice to get right on the spot.

Jim

Last edited:
Best wishes. Fly in totally open area with no trees and buildings/ structures. Most of the accidents take place with trees or buildings. Be careful.

Alok pretty much said it all.

I guess I could add:
  • stay away from metal, even if you do find yourself in a small spot (not a big open field).
  • learn to hand-catch. This allows you to bring it down more more places. One big advantage here is that if it's not hovering to the right place to your satisfaction, you can walk to it, take care, then hand-catch.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers