333 Exemption for Indoor Virtual Tours?

Reaction score
I have read this forum for months, and purchased a P3P about a month ago. A good friend of mine is a real estate broker. We recently have talked about doing indoor virtual tours of her listings, and then expand in our area with other real estate agents. I understand that this would be commercial flying and have read many posts here on the subject. My question is basically, can the FAA also enforce the regulations for indoor flights? Thanks for any insight, I love the hobby, have 5 years to retire, and will still pursue the 333 and registration process down the road.

No.

Personally I would not fly my phantom indoors. If you're planning on doing real estate videos I'd recommend using a ronin-m. The Osmo might work too.

FAA is out of doors only, but I'd agree with turbulence that a Phantom isn't the greatest for indoor spaces unless those spaces are basketball court sized. The props put up enough wash to move draperies and small animals. The fact that you have a wide angle lens means you will want to get close to some objects. With the props.

Personally, I'd use a GoPro on a stick. An Osmo sounds like a good idea. A drone, not so much.

Indoors for example an enclosed stadium event, and large enclosed theater all with the public down below would require a 333 for commercial use.

Indoors for example an enclosed stadium event, and large enclosed theater all with the public down below would require a 333 for commercial use.
I'm interested in learning more about these types of events. Know of any FAA links where this is explained in more detail?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik