333 exemption age requirement/ PL?

• Thread starter Deleted member 52574
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 52574

Hello all, two questions

One, is there an age requirement to get a 333 exemption? 18? I'm 17, want to get an exemption but don't know if I would be allowed to proceed (it looks like I would be able to, no problem, but I don't know)

Secondly, I have seen accepted petitions that ask for an exemption to the rule about having a pilots license to operate commercially. Anyone else asked for / received this exemption?

Thanks!

Secondly, I have seen accepted petitions that ask for an exemption to the rule about having a pilots license to operate commercially. Anyone else asked for / received this exemption?
You might want to check that.
Lots have asked for it but every 333 granted has the following clause:
Under this grant of exemption, a PIC must hold either an airline transport, commercial, private, recreational, or sport pilot certificate. The PIC must also hold a current FAA airman medical certificate or a valid U.S. driver's license issued by a state, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, a territory, a possession, or the Federal government. The PIC must also meet the flight review requirements specified in 14 CFR § 61.56 in an aircraft in which the PIC is rated on his or her pilot certificate.

Hello all, two questions

One, is there an age requirement to get a 333 exemption? 18? I'm 17, want to get an exemption but don't know if I would be allowed to proceed (it looks like I would be able to, no problem, but I don't know)

Thanks!
You have to be at least 18yrs old. For now a 333 exemption to fly your UAS commercially for a business to charge a fee you need at least a sport pilot's license.

You have to be at least 18yrs old. For now a 333 exemption to fly your UAS commercially for a business to charge a fee you need at least a sport pilot's license.
You can obtain a license at 17 (Solo at 16)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1