32 channel hack won't take

Reaction score
My head is exploding from looking but if I've missed something the flaming will be worth it..

Android Lollipop newly installed 2 days ago on Sony Xperia Z2. Latest DJI GO installed just after.
P3P bird bought in May. I've just updated all the firmware to the latest and took it for a spin. (was fine with this hardware before)
GPS wasn't too solid but I hadn't recalibrated..
After about 3 minutes on my second battery I lost video link and brought it home: time to do the 32 channel hack I'd been avoiding (I like to operate on a need-to-do basis).

Connecting my pc I simply dropped the file (.dji.configs) into the Android/data/dji.pilot/files folder. On my pc I could see it there. On my android it didn't show up (folder empty) though I figured that was because it was a hidden file.

Nevertheless I checked with a different file manager, and it was there. Opening it with a text viewer gives you this
(DJI SOFTWARE CONFIG : DO NOT DELETE!���) or the same but the 3 later symbols change. No worries, I figure the devil is in the detail, the symbols.

Restart the app and the bird and I still only have 8 channels (moreover I can't choose auto or manual but I think that is because I'm in New Zealand).

I'm keen to get the 32 channels but can't see where I went wrong.
I used the link to the file that seems to be fairly common on this site (a rar file that expanded easily).

Please tell me I've missed something easy and I'm an idiot. I can take it.

Set you language to US english in android / settings / language & inputs / language.
Then you can set manual channel.

Set you language to US english in android / settings / language & inputs / language.
Then you can set manual channel.
I did hear that, thanks, but it's the 32 channeIs i need.
Despite doing a factory reset and then upgrading the os to Lollipop though, I still get these weird things happening happening: at random times the "welcome to your aircraft" sound file plays - even when the app isn't running. Also I just looked to upload my text flight logs and there isn't even a flight records folder. I might have to flash my phone and go back to 4.4.2.
This is driving me mad - actually it's less of a drive and more of a short walk now..

I did hear that, thanks, but it's the 32 channeIs i need.
Despite doing a factory reset and then upgrading the os to Lollipop though, I still get these weird things happening happening: at random times the "welcome to your aircraft" sound file plays - even when the app isn't running. Also I just looked to upload my text flight logs and there isn't even a flight records folder. I might have to flash my phone and go back to 4.4.2.
This is driving me mad - actually it's less of a drive and more of a short walk now..
You will see the 32 channels only in manual mode, not in auto mode, auto remains to display 8-20 channels. The hack work only in manual channel selection, not in auto.

I don`t have "Manueal"Auto" option....only on the previous version i did use: 1.1.0

Damm.

I don`t have "Manueal"Auto" option....only on the previous version i did use: 1.1.0

Damm.
Set you language to US English I would say. At least on android I have both cases, no auto/manual button or the manual button was grayed. Setting language to US English does the job for me.

Nothing guys.....im burning my head......need rest....

I did get a APk from net....install, just did conect to the RC and the same b******.

Nothing.Nada.

Maybe the RC is malfuntion? It did only take+- 3 minutes to update.....supposedly it would take 10 minutes.....
However the logs are ok....

Arghhhh.......and yes its on english by default :( At least the app.....

Reinstall 1.1.0.....acess to Auto and Custom + Bitrate.
Update on Google Play....again loose those facultys..

I think im gonna cry to DJi Foruns guys........lolol

Good Night!
Tks for all support here! :)))

Im on Samsung Note 4 lollipop with 2.2 Go app.

Save this file to your desktop.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11169540/Phantom 3 Mods/Android Data DjiPilot Files/DJI.configs

Make sure the GO app is NOT running.
And then manually copy it into:
YourPhoneName\Android\data\dji.pilot\files
Restart phone.
Start go app and look for the CUSTOM button (scroll down) and nominate a channel from 25 onwards.

I tried 3 times before mine worked.
I'm in Australia and obviously used Australia settings for country.

Thanks mako79, but thanks originally to Dronason. Amazingly it works. I say amazingly because I assumed I would have to change other county settings. It seems a bit much that using the Queen's English is penalised!
Now I have to figure out why I have no log files - indeed no flight records folder even.
And it still randomly welcomes me to my aircraft even when the app isn't running..

My head is exploding from looking but if I've missed something the flaming will be worth it..

Android Lollipop newly installed 2 days ago on Sony Xperia Z2. Latest DJI GO installed just after.
P3P bird bought in May. I've just updated all the firmware to the latest and took it for a spin. (was fine with this hardware before)
GPS wasn't too solid but I hadn't recalibrated..
After about 3 minutes on my second battery I lost video link and brought it home: time to do the 32 channel hack I'd been avoiding (I like to operate on a need-to-do basis).

Connecting my pc I simply dropped the file (.dji.configs) into the Android/data/dji.pilot/files folder. On my pc I could see it there. On my android it didn't show up (folder empty) though I figured that was because it was a hidden file.

Nevertheless I checked with a different file manager, and it was there. Opening it with a text viewer gives you this
(DJI SOFTWARE CONFIG : DO NOT DELETE!���) or the same but the 3 later symbols change. No worries, I figure the devil is in the detail, the symbols.

Restart the app and the bird and I still only have 8 channels (moreover I can't choose auto or manual but I think that is because I'm in New Zealand).

I'm keen to get the 32 channels but can't see where I went wrong.
I used the link to the file that seems to be fairly common on this site (a rar file that expanded easily).

Please tell me I've missed something easy and I'm an idiot. I can take it.
If you can't get it to work . The new litchi app has 31 channels with auto select . It's works awesome . I never even get a hint of signal decrease !

Given all the other problems I might just do that - does litchi record a video locally?
I'm about 90% sure that it does. I always kept that turned off but I'm pretty sure there's an option to turn on or off the video cache. Plus the waypoint and poi is so much better than the go app. There's pretty much no limits and you don't have to fly the mission first to set your waypoints. You can set your mission up on the ground and automatically fly it the first time. However there's no camera settings which I don't understand why they would do that . It's my understanding that it uses the settings for the camera from what's saved on the go app. So litchi is great for long range flights and ground station controls. Everything else the go app is better in my opinion .

I just give up.......:(:(
I consider myself a poweruser on Android universe, mods aren`t nothing new for me.

I tried every and single variation even on root access level, not to have 33 channels, but at least, have acess to Auto/Manual, and nothing.....

It seems i have to uninstall 2.1.0 and reinstall 1.1.0 to have those functions.
To have POI and other stuff, re-install 2.1.0.

This is ridiculous!!:rolleyes:o_O

I just give up.......:(:(
I consider myself a poweruser on Android universe, mods aren`t nothing new for me.

I tried every and single variation even on root access level, not to have 33 channels, but at least, have acess to Auto/Manual, and nothing.....

It seems i have to uninstall 2.1.0 and reinstall 1.1.0 to have those functions.
To have POI and other stuff, re-install 2.1.0.

This is ridiculous!!:rolleyes:o_O
Tablet language should be set to "US English", "UK English" by example will not allow custom channel selection, ask DJI why...
If you have doubt about the installation of the GO apps, many says that the folders where it is installed (/DJI & /Android/data/dji.pilot) should be deleted so any kind of old files are deleted. Don't forget to save the 32 channels hack file

Reactions: Mordor
Tablet language should be set to "US English", "UK English" by example will not allow custom channel selection, ask DJI why...
If you have doubt about the installation of the GO apps, many says that the folders where it is installed (/DJI & /Android/data/dji.pilot) should be deleted so any kind of old files are deleted. Don't forget to save the 32 channels hack file

Man this is a public forum but....i DO LOVE YOU!

It was so stupid and simple! Just change the PHONE language to US English...and Voila!

Dank, Merci, Gracias! You really solve this enigma! Full channels about most important, Custom/Manual.....love it!

Gonna sleep well tonight! Eheheheh

Reactions: phantom13flyer
Man this is a public forum but....i DO LOVE YOU!

It was so stupid and simple! Just change the PHONE language to US English...and Voila!

Dank, Merci, Gracias! You really solve this enigma! Full channels about most important, Custom/Manual.....love it!

Gonna sleep well tonight! Eheheheh
I didn't invent it, I read it in the forum and it bring me the same effect to me, happy for you.

Reactions: Mordor
Lesson learned here: We never know everything.....and must be humble.

Now...waiting for good weather anf fly... :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj