P3 Firmware 30m Height limit

Reaction score
Ok so I do not know where to post this, but I recently moved to an area with an nfz and can't fly unless I have the older app. I am getting limited height of 98ft or ~30m on the 1.09.200 firmware what app version and firmware would I need to downgrade to without having to sin in to dji. Forgot to mention it is a p3 standard.

Beginner mode?
That was the first thing I checked and I tried turning it on then off to see if that may have fixed it, but didn't. I also tried reinstalling the older apps and tried digdat0 no height and speed firmware.

Ok so I do not know where to post this, but I recently moved to an area with an nfz and can't fly unless I have the older app. I am getting limited height of 98ft or ~30m on the 1.09.200 firmware what app version and firmware would I need to downgrade to without having to sin in to dji. Forgot to mention it is a p3 standard.
I have a P3P and P3A. I had the same thing happen to my P3P. But first my problem was a pixelating issue on screen with my P3P. After trying a few suggestions, I sent it in for repair. Nothing wrong with that. I was told that I needed to replace my prop motors. Cost was more than the value. Then I noticed it would not go any higher than 100 ft after I got it back. Usually they automatically upgrade any software unless they are told not to. I was thinking that was the issue. Then my P3A started doing the same thing, maxing at around 100 ft. After more research, I sent that one to a different repair shop (certified). Found nothing. Another $250 total. After getting it back and missing out on flying time, I was thinking about the fact that it might have been the ipad that I used because it never went to the repair places. I decided to try using my phone instead of the ipad and guess what happened? It worked. It didn't stop at 100 ft for both quads and had no pixelation on the screen with the P3P. I deleted the app on the ipad. Put a new DJI Go app back on it and they work great ! It's a shame that this wasn't suggested from either repair places. It only cost approx. $500. I guess it could have been worse......

@cmbaker,
Welcome to the Forum!
Member for over 5 years, and you made your first post!

Are you guys getting any kind of message, height limit reached, etc?

Rod

Reactions: JoBe
I have tried my phone and a tablet I have uninstalled the apps and reinstalled on both to no avail. What firmware and app version did they start the height limit if you were not logged into the app?

What firmware and app version did they start the height limit if you were not logged into the app?
For the P3S, the forced flight restrictions (unless you sign out and sign in again) began with FW v1.9.2. You can read about it here. The post was geared towards P3A/P3P, but it should still have some valuable info for you.

Also, here’s a snippet from the P3S release notes for that FW version:

8B028E6C-BE25-4BF3-A0A7-A4BA7B86E8F3.jpeg

I recently moved to an area with an nfz and can't fly unless I have the older app.
Respectfully, I’m sure that I speak for most of us when I say that you shouldn’t be looking for ways to fly in a NFZ. I’m also sure you know that already.

Last edited:
Respectfully, I’m sure that I speak for most of us when I say that you shouldn’t be looking for ways to fly in a NFZ. I’m also sure you know that already.
word

Maybe you can post the repair places you used so others know to avoid them.

Reactions: RodPad
I notice during the last update that I am not able to fly my Phantom 3SE every far. I was at my city park around the corner. It like I am flying in beginner mode.
Part 107 cert

I have a P3P and P3A. I had the same thing happen to my P3P. But first my problem was a pixelating issue on screen with my P3P. After trying a few suggestions, I sent it in for repair. Nothing wrong with that. I was told that I needed to replace my prop motors. Cost was more than the value. Then I noticed it would not go any higher than 100 ft after I got it back. Usually they automatically upgrade any software unless they are told not to. I was thinking that was the issue. Then my P3A started doing the same thing, maxing at around 100 ft. After more research, I sent that one to a different repair shop (certified). Found nothing. Another $250 total. After getting it back and missing out on flying time, I was thinking about the fact that it might have been the ipad that I used because it never went to the repair places. I decided to try using my phone instead of the ipad and guess what happened? It worked. It didn't stop at 100 ft for both quads and had no pixelation on the screen with the P3P. I deleted the app on the ipad. Put a new DJI Go app back on it and they work great ! It's a shame that this wasn't suggested from either repair places. It only cost approx. $500. I guess it could have been worse......

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl