3000 METER FPV FLIGHT. ALMOST DEAD BATTERY

Reaction score
My longest FPV flight. Almost 3000 meters. Return home kicked in and I was fighting a headwind. I thought I was gonna run out of battery. Landed with about 17% left..

http://youtu.be/ntqNakd8_u4

AndysAdventures said:
Very cool.

What kind of range extending equipment are you using?

3,000m is almost 10,000 feet.

The farthest I've gone is 3,000 feet out over the ocean with everything OEM and using the WiFi booster app.

This looks like a flight using a Phantom 2 - not a Vision model so it has much further range as the controller is on 2.4Ghz and not 5.8ghz. No wi-fi involved at all...

TeamYankee said:
This looks like a flight using a Phantom 2 - not a Vision model so it has much further range as the controller is on 2.4Ghz and not 5.8ghz. No wi-fi involved at all...

You didn't actually say/write that "no wifi involved"? Is your 5.8 some magic or gov't secret frequency?

Yes Phantom 2. Non vision. 5.8ghz. I'm using a immersion 600 mw. Stock controller with a 9 db antenna. Fatshark v3 goggles..

Thanks Kelso. I feel the same way!!!!

Its funny, people complains about how easily radio signals get jammed, compas intrefered by all sorts of disturbances, but yet you fly through a heavily populated area with no problem. I assume at this range you let the max sector take over and fly the rest? Or could you explain? You say stock controller, as in Avl58? How did you fix your antennas on tx and rx? Care to share a picture of it?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31