$30-50 FPV Goggles for Phantom 3

Reaction score
130 views and not a single reply? Took it out for a flight today and used my fpv kit at the end. It was incredible! I'll try to get a pic of what it looks like

Any problems with your eyes focusing? Interesting idea and the price looks good for an experiment. Can you show detailed pics of how you mounted phone and what phone it is (dimensions)

Thanks, Rob

Not at all, and it comes with 3 lenses to adjust the view to your liking. I used my oneplus which is about 5". mounted it to the goggles with a couple rubber bands.

I've read reviews that state the quanum kit is better than fatshark in some ways as you have distance for your eyes to view the screen. Also using your phone resolution is far superior to the monitor it comes with. For that price it's invaluable imo.

Attachments

• 1439759897582.jpg
    1439759897582.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 839
  • 1439759909395.jpg
    1439759909395.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 864
  • 1439759926368.jpg
    1439759926368.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 776
I'm looking for a foam kit similar to this but without a screen, allowing me to put my smart phone in the goggle kinda like the $6 Google 3D goggles, but with a mono Fresnel lense instead of 3D dual Fresnel lenses. I'm surprised nobody has offered that yet, mimicking the headplay HD goggles. I just ordered replacement lenses for the new headplay HD fpv goggles, $15 each, they offer two versions for power selection. I plan to fabricate my own goggle to hold the lense and my phone, using foam poster board material. I'll let you all know how that goes.

Not at all, and it comes with 3 lenses to adjust the view to your liking. I used my oneplus which is about 5". mounted it to the goggles with a couple rubber bands.

I've read reviews that state the quanum kit is better than fatshark in some ways as you have distance for your eyes to view the screen. Also using your phone resolution is far superior to the monitor it comes with. For that price it's invaluable imo.

I'm doing something similar but with a nexus 7. It is held in place with the tablet clamp and is easily removed if need be. You can hold it to your face for FPV or use it as a very effective sunshield. P1010600.JPG P1010594.JPG P1010591.JPG

30secs - your a genius. Read this post and immediately tried it. Thanks to you I just had my first goggle experience. Awesome! Love these forums.

Thanks for sharing.

Yes it gives a good Fpv experience. Many have tried in past successfully. The issue is it looks like a temporary goggle. The problem is that this solution replaces main tablet display and thus everything is on goggle and difficult to use touches.

Wait is there a way to get rid of all the ground station info in dji go? Or are you using a different app?

Sent from my iPod touch using PhantomPilots mobile app

Yes it gives a good Fpv experience. Many have tried in past successfully. The issue is it looks like a temporary goggle. The problem is that this solution replaces main tablet display and thus everything is on goggle and difficult to use touches.

I don't really care how it looks. But yes you do lose touch functionality. With this solution you'll want to be sure you only need controls that are functional from the controller itself.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Wait is there a way to get rid of all the ground station info in dji go? Or are you using a different app?

Not that I'm aware of. I still had all OSD info displayed as I would if using the tablet. My preference would be to keep all OSD info, but I could understand the desire for a clean screen too.

Here's a short clip of me bringing her home with the goggles on. It was a little scary! Being my first time with goggles I took it slow and steady. Even though you can see through the goggles where you are, it sounds so loud bringing it in that I feels like it's going to crash in your face!

Reactions: LanaRain
Here's a short clip of me bringing her home with the goggles on. It was a little scary! Being my first time with goggles I took it slow and steady. Even though you can see through the goggles where you are, it sounds so loud bringing it in that I feels like it's going to crash in your face!

Crash into your face! Lol hahaha I'm dead [emoji88]

Not that I'm aware of. I still had all OSD info displayed as I would if using the tablet. My preference would be to keep all OSD info, but I could understand the desire for a clean screen too.

I was just wondering because all the pictures he had didn't look like dji go, just the video feed.

Didn't even notice that. Ya the other guys will have to answer that one but it looks like they may be using other software. Did a little research and I don't think you can turn the OSD off on the DJI Go app unless using HDMI

30secs - your a genius. Read this post and immediately tried it. Thanks to you I just had my first goggle experience. Awesome! Love these forums.

Thanks for sharing.
Glad it helped you! I've ordered vr glasses today that will take your fpv to the next level. I ordered the hootoo vr goggles, and with the litchi app you can get immersed vr fpv experience.

Sorry a bit OT - Where & how much do those McMansions go for?

Didn't even notice that. Ya the other guys will have to answer that one but it looks like they may be using other software. Did a little research and I don't think you can turn the OSD off on the DJI Go app unless using HDMI

Not sure about android but in the iOS version of DJI GO you can just single finger swipe down on the video and it hides everything but the video stream.

Really? While in FPV? I'll give that a shot! I googled and somehow totally missed that

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj