3 Wire Servo Cable Alternative

Reaction score
A while back tree was a comment in a thread about using a single wire vs the 3 wire servo cable for connecting naza to receivers. I think it was some sort of computer wire?? Can someone point me a link for those cables please.

:shock: Uh....not sure about that one!

Are you talking about S-bus maybe? If you have a receiver that uses that protocol, you can connect it to the NAZA via a single 3-strand servo cable (as opposed to individual channel connections)...but I'm not sure if that's what you're talking about?

It may have been for SBus I do not recall. It had to do with if you only needed to use a signal wire to connect to a receiver there was this skinny single wire that would do the job using 2 less wires than the 3 wire servo cable.

Interesting! As far as I know you'll need to use all 3 leads on the single servo cable, since the Rx draws its 5v power over that single connection if you're using S-bus.

If you have another power source for the Rx, like if you have it connected directly to a BEC as well as to the NAZA, then I guess you could get away from using all three strands on the NAZA-Rx connection.

My Hitech Rx has an Supplemental Power Connection (SPC) which is fed from the aircraft battery which powers the Rx. It can handle up to 35 volts. It also send battery voltage back to the Tx. I was thinking I could declutter a bit if I could just use the signal ports from Naza to the Hitech Rx. I think it is possible?

I'm pretty sure that would work, the same idea is used on P2's for ESC control connections, only the signal pin is used. I'm just not sure whether or not the ground lead is needed on the Rx-NAZA connection.

If not, you should be able to at least just pull the pins out of the connectors for the +/gnd at both ends and strip those two leads off the cable. Or, just use single-pin (1x1) connectors on each end if you have those: http://www.hansenhobbies.com/products/c ... onnectors/

The single 1X1 would definitely work, I am using all 9 channels right now so that would definitely declutter. Thanks for the link.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20