3 weeks old with bad bearings

Reaction score
I received my P2V+ 3 weeks ago from B&H and have flown it for about 3 hours total time when I noticed the front left motor had a grinding feel and clicking sound to it. I contacted B&H as the DJI website said for me to and B&H was great at helping me find the right part that needed to be replaced and is sending it to me free of charge... Only bad thing, is that part ships in 2-4 weeks. Now I have to postpone projects while it sits on my desk.

I am thinking about just purchasing several spare parts to have on hand, one of each motor, landing legs and props etc...

Were you flying off of sand ? I have dji motors that are a few years old.
They all have a steeply feel when turning by hand. It the magnets in the motor.
If you bust the legs you'll have bigger things to worry about. The vision itself is very tough , the gimbal is the weak link.

There is physical grinding happening inside the motor... I have been flying it very "lightly" and not near sand. I know the feeling in the other motors that you talk about, the magnets giving it a stepping feeling. The motor in question is way beyond that and control of the Phantom is difficult. Legs are fine, I am just thinking of having replacement parts on hand, because I have projects that depend on this flying.

Spare parts to consider are maybe a motor, propeller.
I wouldn't go for spare legs, if you break them then you have indeed other issue's to attend.
Also a tube of super glue is something to consider.
I guess the phantom is made out off ABS and that adheres very good with super glue. I refer to the glue that adhere in seconds. Be careful in its use. A spoiled drop causes damage because super glue dissolves a bit the ABS, thats very good when gluing, makes a nice weld but leaves damage on spot were you don't want it to be.
In case you break a leg, just super glue it and it will be as before.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj