3 Standard Litchi App and Ipad Mini question

Reaction score
I'm flying a standard 3 and want to upgrade to the Litchi app and ipad mini 4 (which Litchi recommends). I will use the mini 4 (when purchased) only for the drone flying using the Litchi app. Question: Do I purchase the ipad mini 4 with only wifi, or should I pay more the cellular addition (unlocked) and why?

Thanks for any help/advice.

I'm flying a standard 3 and want to upgrade to the Litchi app and ipad mini 4 (which Litchi recommends). I will use the mini 4 (when purchased) only for the drone flying using the Litchi app. Question: Do I purchase the ipad mini 4 with only wifi, or should I pay more the cellular addition (unlocked) and why?

Thanks for any help/advice.

With cellular you have GPS. And the advice of Litchi is with GPS.

Great, thanks. Follow up question: Does the cellular need a provider, or will it still find the GPS live on site without paying a cell provider?

Does the cellular need a provider, or will it still find the GPS live on site without paying a cell provider?
GPS is active on cellular Apple devices even if the cellular service is not activated.

FYI, if you're not going to use the Follow Me flight mode or manually reset the home point to your current location after taking off, then you don't need GPS on your mobile device. The Phantom contains a GPS receiver and all other GPS-related functions use data from that GPS receiver.

Great, thanks. Follow up question: Does the cellular need a provider, or will it still find the GPS live on site without paying a cell provider?

Others have talked about pre-loading maps on the iPad 4 Mini for the area where they will be flying. Instead of buying a iPad 4 Mini with cell service, I bought a wifi-only version and then picked up a portable hotspot device (~$45 from T-Mobile) and connect my iPad 4 Mini to it via wifi from anywhere. Many use their existing mobile phone as a wifi hotspot device, but usually that is an extra charge on the monthly phone bill.

I don't now how it is in your country but in Europe we buy very cheap (about € 5.00) a prepaid SIM-card.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl