3 questions regarding Mode A flight P3A

Reaction score
Does the RTH feature work if I fly in Mode A?

Is higher the horizontal speed of the bird in Mode A than Mode P?

In an emergency case how can avoid the PH3 autoland when the battery is in a critical level? How can abort the land until to reach a safe place for landing although the battery reach the 1-2%? Of course I avoid this type of situation but is only just in case,! Is it changing from mode P to Mode A?

THanks

Does the RTH feature work if I fly in Mode A?
Yes.

Is higher the horizontal speed of the bird in Mode A than Mode P?
Yes.

how can avoid the PH3 autoland when the battery is in a critical level
You cannot abort the auto landing. You can control your Phantom while it's landing though. That will at least help you guide it to the safest landing location.

While you can give it full throttle up to slow down and/or stop the descent, it's probably not a good idea to do that. If your battery gets too low, your Phantom will drop from the sky like a rock.

While you can give it full throttle up to slow down and/or stop the descent,
I feel like I tried that during my only low battery auto landing and it didn't work. I was only able to control rool, pitch, and yaw. This resulted in a rough landing, small bounce and tipping over as I CSCed - props just skipped over the dirt as they slowed (one small chip).

Per the Phantom manual:
"When Critical battery level warning is triggered and the aircraft begins to land automatically, you may push the throttle upward to make the aircraft hover at its current altitude, giving you an opportunity to navigate to a more appropriate landing location."

Last edited:
Per the Phantom manual:
"When Critical battery level warning is triggered and the aircraft begins to land automatically, you may push the throttle upward to make the aircraft hover at its current altitude, giving you an opportunity to navigate to a more appropriate landing location."
Just because it's in the manual doesn't mean it works. haha For fun, I'll try it again today. That said, I'm still on 1.1.9.

Haha. No worries. The things mentioned in the manual all do actually work :)

FYI, intentionally flying at critical battery level is not the best of ideas.

My test was flawed. haha I wasn't high enough and it came down too fast for me to react. I was only at about 20', wife standing ready to catch, and by the time it said it was auto landing and the message popped on the screen it was in her hands. The P3, that is. :cool: So, I'll have to just keep with my original thought, and just never get to that point. haha Which, like you said, isn't a good idea if you can help it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers