3 options need help deciding....opinions??

Reaction score
Ok so this is kind of long and confusing but I have (2) p2v+ (long story short: my first one flew away, ordered another one, got a call that someone found it because i put my number on the bottom but it took some damage; it works, but not great) I have about a week left to return the second one on amazon and get my $1400 back.

I'm looking for better video quality and I would really like to go with a hero 4 black

Here are my options

Option A: keep both and convert one p2v+ for hero 4 black

$430 - Quick Release by DronExpert ( http://dronexpert.nl/product/pre-order- ... -2-vision/ )
$500 - hero 4 black
$400 - h4-3d gimbal
______
$1330

Pros: achieve the goal of better video quality, quick & easy install, ability to switch back to p2v+ camera, retain usage of the dji vision app
Cons: expensive

Option B: return p2v+ for p2 v2 fresh setup

$609 - p2 v2
$400 - h4-3d gimbal
$500 - hero 4 black
$200 - ipad ground link
$229 - FlySight 32 Ch Black Pearl 5.8Ghz 7" Diversity Monitor with Integrated Battery (RC801)
______
$1938 - $1400 return = $538 total

Pros: achieve the goal of better video quality
Cons: lose phone app, complicated setup, loss of signal range

Option C: return p2v+ go balls out and get the inspire 1

$2900 - Inspire 1
$200 - extra battery
______
$3100 - $1400 return = $1700 total

Pros: EVERYTHING!
Cons: Really expensive and I have 4 batteries for my p2v+

What's everyone's opinion???

Also, can someone please tell me what the range is on the ipad ground station and how to set it up?

Personally, if you can afford it, I would just go with the Inspire 1 because that camera setup and drone will last you years without needing to upgrade. Plus it is refined making the flight on it extremely easy. If money is an issue, I would just fix the broken Phantom and get a new gopro.

Siwulam said:
Personally, if you can afford it, I would just go with the Inspire 1 because that camera setup and drone will last you years without needing to upgrade. Plus it is refined making the flight on it extremely easy. If money is an issue, I would just fix the broken Phantom and get a new gopro.

The only hesitation I would have on the Inspire 1 is that it's still early with that product so it is going through some growing pains.

Option 1 seems silly to me - huge cost for converting something that is essentially option 2.

Go balls out!!! Like simulam stated. They will be upgradable so they say. Sure there are growing pains with it but the support seems a lot better than with the phantom.

Also take a look at the q500. Google it. Not a DJI product, but it might interest you.

Cheapest option is like option 1, but you don't need the Quickrelease. Other folks have figured out how to use the GoPro with the P2V+ wifi module, and it's quite easy to do.
(Just a matter of replugging a couple of cables, in fact.)

CityZen said:
Cheapest option is like option 1, but you don't need the Quickrelease. Other folks have figured out how to use the GoPro with the P2V+ wifi module, and it's quite easy to do.

really? can you find the link to where you saw how to do this?

gennacide said:
CityZen said:
This is the discussion thread: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2213815
The short version:
- Open Phantom P2V+
- Unplug/remove gimbal wires except for cable going into back of wifi module
- Plug other end of that cable into the CAM port.
- Plug in your H3-2D/3D/4D in as usual to anti-interference board.

For Android, should work fine as is. For iOS, recommend using FPV Booster app to see telemetry.

Opbtion B is going to cost you a little more, you need more than just the FPV monitor, you will need IOSDmini, video transmitter, fpv cable, monitor mount, antennas. Total FPV could run you about $400 - $500.

I would do Option B... use that for a year... then get the Inspire 2 with all it's new software and hardware updates. You could then sell your Phanton setup then.

CityZen said:
gennacide said:
CityZen said:
This is the discussion thread: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2213815
The short version:
- Open Phantom P2V+
- Unplug/remove gimbal wires except for cable going into back of wifi module
- Plug other end of that cable into the CAM port.
- Plug in your H3-2D/3D/4D in as usual to anti-interference board.

For Android, should work fine as is. For iOS, recommend using FPV Booster app to see telemetry.

The hybrid vision+ with go-pro is the way to go. It works best with an android device. It still works with IOS but you need to flick to ground station and back to get FPV. Telemetry doesn't work though..
Just get the new vision+ and sell the worthless vision+ camera and gimbal as new to fund for a H33d and gopro and a $10 zenmuse cable. Its awesome as you can just detach the gopro and use it for another purpose.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31