3 Newbie PC GS Questions

Reaction score
I have had a few PC GS missions with my P2 (non-vision); I am very pleased but have three newbie questions.

1. During the mission when I hit PAUSE, I expect the Phantom to pause but it doesn't. It keeps flying the original mission, is that normal?
2. During the mission, I expect the INSTRUMENT PANEL to show aircraft metrics (velocity etc.), but it doesn't, is that normal?
3. During the mission I expect the Google Earth Map to show the real time position of the aircraft as it flies from one way point to the next, it doesn't, is that normal?

PC GS acts as if once I start the mission, I have no communication with the P2 until I use the handheld controller to take back control and land the aircraft.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions,

I also had a question. Does the PC ground station load the program into the Phantom via USB, WIFI or another method?

The flight mission is uploaded to the Phantom via the 2.4GHz wireless data link.

Rich, based on the 3 factors you listed, I agree with your assessment that it seems it's not maintaining active contact between ground and air end (as it should). But I'm afraid I can't help much more than just confirming that, I can't think of any condition that would let you upload the mission but not let you stay connected immediately after. You can lose the connection and real-time updates if it goes out of GS range of course, but that shouldn't happen till you're much farther out.

Ol,

Thanks for the response, now that I know what is "normal" I will do more research and monitor the mission more closely. You have been a big help. I won't go on any extended missions until I get to the bottom of this.

Rich

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic