3 LI-PO 2700 mAh 7.4 V batteries

Reaction score
I have 3 Li Po 2700 mAh high perfomance batteries at home,brand new.

Is there a way to use them to increase my Phantom 3 Standard's performance? Or a Mavic/Phantom 4,since I'm planning to buy one of them in the near future?
Or should I just sell them?

First of all ... what LiPo's are they .

Phantom 3 uses 4S High Voltage LiPo's .. you do not say if HV version or not. If they are standard LiPo of 4.2V max per cell - then you would have serious risk if you series connected with the existing battery as in the 'piggy back' system on Youtube. The DJI packs are 4.35V per cell full charged.

Your packs are 7.4V which means 2S ... therefore you would have to series connect to get 4S ... but again - if not High Voltage versions - you should not use with the Phantom.

Finally - adding extra battery is also subject to the extra weight to lift and the increased RPM on motors to achieve lift. Two things result :

1. Flight time is not increased as a linear amount based on increased battery capacity.
2. Motors work harder to lift the whole. This means reduced max speed and performance.

My honest opinion - with those 2S batterys in series - you will only add 2700mAh to the capacity for a significant weight increase. But of course if not HV versions - you should not use them anyway.

Here's a P4 video :

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Phantom 3 uses 4S High Voltage LiPo's .. you do not say if HV version or not. If they are standard LiPo of 4.2V max per cell - then you would have serious risk if you series connected with the existing battery as in the 'piggy back' system on Youtube. The DJI packs are 4.35V per cell full charged.

Your packs are 7.4V which means 2S ... therefore you would have to series connect to get 4S ... but again - if not High Voltage versions - you should not use with the Phantom.

Finally - adding extra battery is also subject to the extra weight to lift and the increased RPM on motors to achieve lift. Two things result :

1. Flight time is not increased as a linear amount based on increased battery capacity.
2. Motors work harder to lift the whole. This means reduced max speed and performance.

My honest opinion - with those 2S batterys in series - you will only add 2700mAh to the capacity for a significant weight increase. But of course if not HV versions - you should not use them anyway.

Here's a P4 video :

IMAG0329.jpg

They
View attachment 112318
[/QUOTE

Here's a P4 video :

They are the batteries that come with Hubsan H501s(I know it sucks,mistake that wont happen again).
I decided I wont use them after reading what you just wrote.
I will try to sell them,are you familiar with any site other then ebay/amazon that is popular with drone enthusiasts? They are brand new,2 of them never used,1 of them only once.

Sorry - you can put those aside or sell ... they are definitely not suitable.

1. They are standard 4.2v per cell LiPo. Therefore if you paralleled with the DJI pack - you would immediately have dangerous current flow to them to try balance them to 4.35v level !
2. They are 10c only which means they are not capable of sustaining a high load.....

They are from a low powered Hubsan Multi-Rotor ??

I see
Sorry - you can put those aside or sell ... they are definitely not suitable.

1. They are standard 4.2v per cell LiPo. Therefore if you paralleled with the DJI pack - you would immediately have dangerous current flow to them to try balance them to 4.35v level !
2. They are 10c only which means they are not capable of sustaining a high load.....

They are from a low powered Hubsan Multi-Rotor ??
I see,thanks for clarifying. I will try to sell them. They are the batteries that come with the Hubsan 501s x4 brushless drone

Do you have the Hubsan ? Why not sell as a complete setup ... or just play in the garden with it ??

I have various 'toy' drones that I use in the garden for fun ... (I used to review various brand stuff).

One that I find fun is the Eachine E58 ... $40 job ... looks like Mavic baby ... has no GPS or fancy stuff ... but teaches reflexes and ATTI ..

Do you have the Hubsan ? Why not sell as a complete setup ... or just play in the garden with it ??

I have various 'toy' drones that I use in the garden for fun ... (I used to review various brand stuff).

One that I find fun is the Eachine E58 ... $40 job ... looks like Mavic baby ... has no GPS or fancy stuff ... but teaches reflexes and ATTI ..
I have the Hubsan but I crashed it on my first flight,I believe it came broken,the second I started flying it just went on its own path,even though I was connected to gps and calibrated it.

Spares or Repair !! Sold as seen !

Bit like my first car.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers