3 axis gimbal

Reaction score
Has anyone tried this gimbal or know anything about it?

Attachments

• 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    25.1 KB · Views: 1,021
Never seen it before.
.. nor a camera like that! (a GoPro alternative?)

but just by looking at the photo, it's fairly obvious that it will not easily fit under a Phantom.

if you're serious about a 3-axis gimbal, perhaps look at the Arris CM3000, or this one, which looks like it'll fit just like a Tarot
http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/251416993644?lpid=82

(tho haven't heard from anyone who's bought this one)

They say it is made for the Phantom. I went ahead and bought one for $130. Had to give it a shot. Should work well with the retractable landing gear I'm putting on. Hopefully!!!

What makes it obvious it's not made for the Phantom? It has the correct mount for it.

Insight Aerials said:
They say it is made for the Phantom. I went ahead and bought one for $130. Had to give it a shot. Should work well with the retractable landing gear I'm putting on. Hopefully!!!

What makes it obvious it's not made for the Phantom? It has the correct mount for it.

The design that it uses puts the yaw motor much lower than other 3-axis gimbal designs, so just by the looks of it, there's now ay it'll fit under a stock phantom - not unless you add leg extensions.. or the rectracts you're putting in.
hopefully it won't be too heavy.
But looking forward to hearing how it works for you.

3-axis gimbals will slowly become the norm, once DJI puts one out (for GoPro)

I see what your saying. All I can do is give it a try. There will be enough clearance with the retractable's. If not, I can always easily make taller legs since their carbon fiber rods. I'll let you know how it all turns out.

Insight - will you post a link to the retractable landing gear you are referring to? Sounds really neat.

Just an FYI - our local shop, Hobby Warehouse is supposed to be getting in this week a 3rd axis add on for Zenmuse H3-2D. Saw pictures but haven't seen it up close. Looks like it adds board & motor above existing gimbal. Word has it it's about $180. Will follow up with info when I see it later this week.

Ravecreative said:
Wow.
If they do that I think they'll sell thousands LOL
It's pretty much what everyone has been waiting for

Have you got any links?

Nothing yet, I'm waiting to see it first hand sometime this week. I'll post more when I see it.

The thing with a 3rd axis is that if you wish to control it, you need another channel. Can't use the stock tx. I'd like to know how much your retractable legs weigh. I'm not sure you'll get great results. The weight issue and compass location issue is going to make it a little bit difficult. It would work on a 550 though.

EMCSQUAR said:
Just an FYI - our local shop, Hobby Warehouse is supposed to be getting in this week a 3rd axis add on for Zenmuse H3-2D. Saw pictures but haven't seen it up close. Looks like it adds board & motor above existing gimbal. Word has it it's about $180. Will follow up with info when I see it later this week.
There's already some guys in Southern California that make this exact set-up.
http://tppacks.com/store/index.php?route=product/product&path=60&product_id=60

I'm also interested in seeing if Zen comes out with something-and how it differs from this other unit.

Ravecreative said:
That weight would bring the phantom to well over max payload.
I wonder how much that would actually matter?
What do you consider maximum? I fly at 1270 grams all the time...and others fly well into the 1300 gram range.

Ravecreative said:
Well I'm up to 1260, but that 3rd axis is another 120grams approx.
so that's 1380......

They state 1300 MAX in capital letters.
Yea....just add Vision 2 props, and away you go!!!
They're flying it with a Phantom 2, with Vision props.....

I don't know how Zen would do anything different, and still be under 1300grams-not possible.

Ravecreative said:
are vision props different?
Yea-they're 9 1/2" long, Vs. 8" for the stock prop, and have a much more aggressive pitch.
There are currently 3 or 4 thread on just adding the props to the Phantom 1.x

OMG im so confused now

my props are part no 9443 and R, they came standard with my p2 non-vision
they are stated across the net that these are the same as vision props

am i missing something?

Ravecreative said:
OMG im so confused now

my props are part no 9443 and R, they came standard with my p2 non-vision
they are stated across the net that these are the same as vision props

am i missing something?
Nope-you have the latest and greatest props(IMHO). You should be good to over 1300 grams, easy.
The stated max t/o weight of a Phantom 1 is 1000 grams-I think. And, I'm at 1270(along with many others), without issue.
Battery life suffers-down to around 5 or 6 minutes...but with 2700mah batteries it goes up to 8 minutes.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1