3.16 Firmware update issue

Reaction score
Question with the 3.16 upgrade. It seemed to go well, and I've reset all my parameters, but the IOC won't stay on. I can see the movement (X2) when I hit the switch on the TX, but when I look at the IOC screen nothing moves., and when I switch back to the view screen, it shows the IOC as off. Also, there's a small caution triangle in the lower right of the of the Naza screen. Anyone else experiencing similar issues, or possibly an answer?

Attachments

• iocsm.jpg
    iocsm.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 1,084
I have experienced the same problem. I see that nobody has responded to your post. Can someone help us? :(

My issue has been resolved. Not too sure how, however. I recalibrated IMU, then went outside and calibrated the compass and it now works.
Will try to fly next and report.

It's not that we don't care but some of us have not upgraded to this FW and dont know its issues. It seems each FW has its on problems. Some of it is fixed by voodoo it seems. Never one fix for all and half the time when you get it sorted out you are not sure how it happened.

Regards.

E

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This FW update had rendered my Phantom useless. Trying to find answers in another forum but it seems I may have to replace parts!

As suggested I did the compass dance and all is swell again. Interestingly, DJI Colin dances clockwise, and the manual shows CCW. I've always done CCW, and it worked today. Then I plugged her in and did an immediate advanced calibration and everything is okay including the IOC.
For those frustrated with the speed of response on this forum, I'd also get on the Facebook page for Phantoms.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DJIGuys/

Animalzilla said:
This FW update had rendered my Phantom useless. Trying to find answers in another forum but it seems I may have to replace parts!
Did you crash it?

E

Animalzilla said:
Nope, no crashes. It was all good until the update.
Then I would think Hardware is fine.

What type of led lights are you getting afterwords?

E

This is great!
DJI should write you a check.

E

Well, I have solved the issue and have had some successful flying ( was windy so I assume it was successful )
I followed the guide posted but still go the yellow/red lights afterwards. So instead of the compass magnet dance, I paced the magnet directly on the compass and managed to get the MOD up to 600. After that the warnings went, did an advanced calibration and she worked.

I tried the magnet trick for 2 days with no luck. Placing the magnet on the compass seemed to fix it.

I'll test fly in calmer weather to see if she flys straight and post back.

I would love some help too, as I am having major issues.

I also updated firmware to 3.16. It all seemed to go well except I am unable to import the new parameters. It says that it doesn't recognize the format but its the only file there?? I have been able to calibrate the IMU but an unable to calibrate anything else as the controller doesn't seem to be connected at all. It doesn't respond to the software the way it should on the video and I was unable to get it to put the Phantom into GPS calibration mode.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Eman

emanstern said:
I would love some help too, as I am having major issues.

I also updated firmware to 3.16. It all seemed to go well except I am unable to import the new parameters. It says that it doesn't recognize the format but its the only file there?? I have been able to calibrate the IMU but an unable to calibrate anything else as the controller doesn't seem to be connected at all. It doesn't respond to the software the way it should on the video and I was unable to get it to put the Phantom into GPS calibration mode.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Eman

Did you unzip the default params file before importing?

Check radio type. Should be PPM.

I have updated to FW 3.16 to see if a problem that developed in FW 3.14 would go away but it remains.

After updating I reconfigured all settings and calibrated TX and IMU successfully.

I have the same issue with two Phantoms,although they both do things a little differently to one another.

The problem is with the Course Lock mode.
If I select CL it will work as it should at first but when I switch it to Home Lock it will either not leave CL or if it does leave CL and starts flying as normal in HL when I turn it will revert to CL.
Both Phantoms do the same to that point.
One will also invert/reverse all directional controls when it resets itself to CL during a turn.
One Phantom is affected by this problem in both ATTI and GPS modes,the other is only affected in GPS mode.
If I start a flight in HL mode and leave it there I have no problems.
I must turn IOC off to regain full control and reboot to get back to normal operation,until I select CL again.
The problem is the same with both 3.14 and 3.16 in both Phantoms.

So is anyone else seeing the same behaviour/misbehaviour with their Phantom?
Surely it can't be just my two doing this.

Any tips on solving this would be appreciated.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie