3.08 Firmware impressions

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Just got done upgrading and testing the 3.08 upgrade and thought I would post my impressions here and invite you all to do the same.

First of all the upgrades went fairly easy for me with the exception of one of my 2 batteries which failed in the middle of the update (which made my heart stop since I was fearing that it might be bricked). However, I tried again and it worked fine! Whew!

First flight was pretty good - first thing I noticed right off the bat is that the gimbal (I have a non-vision 3D-HD) makes minor adjustments on stick movement - I am imagining to better anticipate the changes in direction of the Phantom. Once it was in flight - the Gimbal movement was very smooth and accurate (from a visual perspective) - wasn't recording so I will check that out later.

Someone else mentioned that the motors sound different - not so much like a group of bees - but more uniform. I found this to be the case as well. Motors seem to be a bit more in sync - which I think is a good thing as I always felt like they seemed to be fighting and adjusting too much on the previous firmware.

I also felt like the Phantom was making corrections on GPS in a smoother way... Today I was flying with light and variable winds and I noticed the Phantom making smoother adjustments to little gusts.

Another thing I noticed was that the the transition from hover to directional flight felt smoother as well. This might be annoying to some who want snappy movements - but I felt like it produced more natural movements which will be good for camera work. I'm guessing this is probably an adjustment to control curves and gains so it might be adjustable in the RC assistant for those wanting aggressive moves.

two take offs and manual landings and felt very solid and controllable.

Running in Atti felt fine... I noticed no additional adjustments from what I mentioned above... nice smooth movement and predictable acceleration and stopping etc.

All in all - really good first flight - looking forward to more (and more of your impressions)

:D

Well..........so far there is a ton of bitching about it. I can't tell yet. Mine is in parts at this time. Does not fly well when that state. :roll:

Happyflyer said:
Well..........so far there is a ton of bitching about it. I can't tell yet. Mine is in parts at this time. Does not fly well when that state. :roll:

Yeah I saw that... In realllllly long threads that included 2 different firmware :). I figured I'd at least post my experience which is positive so far.

Also happy so far with the update. Weather has been horrible but I did manage 3 flights when the wind dropped to only around 18mph, with much stronger gusts. She was having to fight pretty hard so can't comment yet on if anything is smoother but despite the bad weather GPS hold seemed surprisingly good considering.

Looking at the forecast in the UK for this week its not looking promising for getting chance to fly in nice conditions so I'll just have to keep my fingers crossed.

Mine is flying great as well. The few issues I had were mostly operator error. I am not used to so many firmware updates and such. I fly helicopters, so this has been a learning experience to say the least. So far all is well, and I did order the new TX. We will see how that goes

Flew 5 firmware upgraded batteries entirely over water my first time out with 3.08. No trouble at all. Even updated the zen imu firmware and while the DJI 7th channel lever doesn't work well - it does work, but I've set the controller back to 'original' until DJI fix this (if ever) so my app is back in control.

dirkclod said:
Fly's great with it but other issues came up after updating ,first with having to rebind and now with pictures and videos :?
Will get straighten out though before 3.09 ;)

You have a vision right Dirkclod?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20