3.05 upgrade

Mori55 said:
Haven't heard of 3.05 ? We're did you hear about it ?

A test done by DJI.. Given to certain individuals, designed to correct the "J hooks" and declination problems, such as toilet bowl effect.. Apparently, good results, as witnessed by some of the videos posted here, but DJI has to review the results, and maybe tweek a few things.. ...I'm anxious for it, as with my vision 2, I have the compass turned 30 degrees, to get the initial straight flight.. With my 2+, I've been holding back, waiting for a remedy. Still flies ok, but I have to fight the TBE etc., for the first 3 or 4 minutes, 'till the naza learns..

Not sure if this is related...but maybe?

Just got replacement P2V+ and have about 6 small flights (4 batteries worth) and find that with 6 satellites, it wanders much more than my P2V used to. My old P2V (before the first P2V+ that was just replaced) was solid as a rock - would hold position in GPS mode very well regardless of # of sats (6 or more) - maybe 3-5' in any direction max. The new one wanders 10-25' in any direction...like it's hunting for signal or something. It eventually seems to settle down...but disconcerting to go very far with such apparent 'lost' behavior.

Running 3.04 and NAZA has been enabled, but am in full GPS mode. In ATTI, it stops wandering, but obviously prone to wind issues. Back in GPS mode, just got 8, and then 9 sats a moment ago - much less wander - seemed 'happier' with the added sat's. I did do an advance compass calibration and it seems to be within parameters ( +/- 300, and 1400-1550 mod).

Any suggestions?? Also noticed that in Course Lock, it doesn't fly straight-away...have to make stick corrections to keep it running true from me. Is this a related issue to the 3.04 problem?

I have been following the Beta testing of this update and so far so good! We should see some improvements on many fronts if DJI approves this update as is. Stability of descent without slowing the quad down to 2 m/s is looking promising.

midwestjeff said:
I have been following the Beta testing of this update and so far so good! We should see some improvements on many fronts if DJI approves this update as is. Stability of descent without slowing the quad down to 2 m/s is looking promising.

How and where are you following the beta testing of this update?

rrhansen said:

Just got replacement P2V+ and have about 6 small flights (4 batteries worth) and find that with 6 satellites, it wanders much more than my P2V used to. My old P2V (before the first P2V+ that was just replaced) was solid as a rock - would hold position in GPS mode very well regardless of # of sats (6 or more) - maybe 3-5' in any direction max. The new one wanders 10-25' in any direction...like it's hunting for signal or something. It eventually seems to settle down...but disconcerting to go very far with such apparent 'lost' behavior.

Running 3.04 and NAZA has been enabled, but am in full GPS mode. In ATTI, it stops wandering, but obviously prone to wind issues. Back in GPS mode, just got 8, and then 9 sats a moment ago - much less wander - seemed 'happier' with the added sat's. I did do an advance compass calibration and it seems to be within parameters ( +/- 300, and 1400-1550 mod).

Any suggestions?? Also noticed that in Course Lock, it doesn't fly straight-away...have to make stick corrections to keep it running true from me. Is this a related issue to the 3.04 problem?

This is why we're all patiently waiting the upgrade.. You'll find after about 4 minutes of flying, your phv2+ does better.. Mine is like that.. As soon as I lift off, it goes into circles (toilet bowl effect), as if trying to get its berrings.. Find out your magnetic declination.. Do a google search.. If you're positive like I am (17.3+), the circles will be counter-clockwise, as viewed from the top/.. You'll also find a drift to the left, after a straight run.. Be careful.. It's a good way to crash your copter, especially if the wind is blowing..

obiwan_pierogi said:
rrhansen said:

This is why we're all patiently waiting the upgrade.. You'll find after about 4 minutes of flying, your phv2+ does better.. Mine is like that.. As soon as I lift off, it goes into circles (toilet bowl effect), as if trying to get its berrings.. Find out your magnetic declination.. Do a google search.. If you're positive like I am (17.3+), the circles will be counter-clockwise, as viewed from the top/.. You'll also find a drift to the left, after a straight run.. Be careful.. It's a good way to crash your copter, especially if the wind is blowing..

+16d 13m. Yep, ditto, counterclockwise...and ditto drift to left (on CL, it tracks straight but to-the-left...probably pretty close to the declination error?). Thanks for 'toilet bowl effect' explanation...pisses me off I missed it earlier (ok...pun intended...pretty crappy attempt...oops - there I go again...I'm embarrassed...face is flushed...)

midwestjeff said:

Could you elaborate on the descent limits comment? I'm one of the beta testers for 3.05, and I'm completely unaware that it included any changes in that respect. Additionally, I don't think the existing beta is heading for release - last I heard we were expecting another beta version.

sar104 said:
midwestjeff said:

Could you elaborate on the descent limits comment? I'm one of the beta testers for 3.05, and I'm completely unaware that it included any changes in that respect. Additionally, I don't think the existing beta is heading for release - last I heard we were expecting another beta version.

Yes, there has been changes in the descent algorithm to minimize the "wobble" experienced in Firmware 3.0 with the 3 m/s rate that caused some users to experience "prop wash" crashes. Now many people would love an even faster descent rate of say firmware 1.08, but that will never happen.

If I was Beta testing this new firmware directly I would have more info but I have to rely on a buddy of mine who is testing it but isn't a member of any of the forums so I will try and relay any info I have.

Sounds right about not releasing this version, this won't be the first time. I haven't heard anything about a new Beta coming but thanks for the update

Cheers

This was on another topic thread.. I guess an answer to someone's question regarding the declination, and the problems associated with it....

Daniel Huang (DJI)
Jun 26 16:19
Hi Billy,
If that's your problem,
We are releasing a firmware to address the magnetic declination problem soon. It's under beta test stage but the outcome is quite satisfying.
Best Regards

I received my new vPlus around 3 weeks ago and noticed it wanted hook left. I then found it got worse after installing my Flytrex hardware on the landing gear leg left of the battery. I figured out that I had covered up the antenna wire with the wiring from the flytrex device. So I completely rerouted the antenna wire from where it starts on the board. It had been looped though other wires and I just made it route as clean as possible and back out through to the same leg again. I then re calibrated the compass, and it now flies straight every time.

One thing is for sure, I didn't buy my copter to sit around in grief to wait on dji for several months. I'll try to fix it myself if possible.

midwestjeff said:
Yes, there has been changes in the descent algorithm to minimize the "wobble" experienced in Firmware 3.0 with the 3 m/s rate that caused some users to experience "prop wash" crashes. Now many people would love an even faster descent rate of say firmware 1.08, but that will never happen.

DJI did the right thing. If they had not slow down the descent algorithm, there would be a lot more crashes caused by vortex ring / prop wash. The masses would jump on bandwagon and calling this a defect and file law suit.

flyNfrank said:
I received my new vPlus around 3 weeks ago and noticed it wanted hook left. I then found it got worse after installing my Flytrex hardware on the landing gear leg left of the battery. I figured out that I had covered up the antenna wire with the wiring from the flytrex device. So I completely rerouted the antenna wire from where it starts on the board. It had been looped though other wires and I just made it route as clean as possible and back out through to the same leg again. I then re calibrated the compass, and it now flies straight every time.

One thing is for sure, I didn't buy my copter to sit around in grief to wait on dji for several months. I'll try to fix it myself if possible.

I rotated my compass 30 degrees, on my vision 2.. This completely eliminated the toilet bowl effect, and made the craft extremely stable.. Unfortunately, because the Naza wants to correct, I get a right drift after "X" no. of minutes.. I decided to leave the compass alone on my vision 2+.. This creates a lot of grief during the first 3 or 4 minutes, until the naza corrects.. I took the following video with my vision 2+.. Cows were 1,000 feet away.. Looks pretty stable right?.. ..Alas, it took me 5 minutes zig zagging to get up to where the video starts, due to the declination effects https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNOWRzMV7ww

Hi
I have a Phantom FC40 that I got recently, I am battling with TBE (toilet bowl effects) when in GPS mode. I have tried everything I can think of to try and sort it out. All my settings and calibrations look good and way within spec
I have been in contact with DJI and no luck there either,
Does anybody have any ideas or the same problem that I am having?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20