3.04 is slooooooooooooow

Reaction score
So I have 3.04 firmware. I did a few quick flights and thought it felt sluggish. I see on my osd I top out around 10mps but it's usually down around 8 or so. Anyone else feel the effects of slowing down? Also, zen h3-3d is slower with horizon correction. I see this drastically when banking. It simply rolls slightly with the quad and takes 3 seconds or so to correct. I'm not in FPV mode either and everything calibrated.

Yeah it is slow in GPS mode. I flick it into ATTI mode to fly out the distance I want then back into GPS mode when I get there. The other benefits of 3.04 are the best yet imo

Sent from Samsung S4 via Tapatalk

I agree with IrishSights but i would like to have the option stability of 3.04 and speed of 1.08 (in gps)thats why am i always return to 1.08.

Does anybody know where i can find the generic firmware files ? i am thinking to take a closer look and find out if its possible to made my own modifications.

Understand. If they gave an override for the dangerously slow descent and an override for the speed then I'd be happier.

IrishSights said:
Yeah it is slow in GPS mode. I flick it into ATTI mode to fly out the distance I want then back into GPS mode when I get there. The other benefits of 3.04 are the best yet imo

Interesting. I think I will have to get into this habit.
I may revert to 1.08 though, if that's possible. I like being able to let go of the sticks if I get too fast or lose orientation. I guess that's possible if I add the step of switching to GPS mode too.

Yes, switching back to GPS mode after ATTI and the sticks centred it just hovers per usual

Sent from my Galaxy Note 8

Has anyone seen where DJI has published what the new speed limitations are? Or is this based on user observations alone?

For the Vision Plus they reflect the new lower descent rate of 2 m/s but still show 35 degrees of tilt and 15 m/s as the max (but not recommended) speed.

FWIW, I was flying my VIsion + yesterday in winds of 15 gusting to maybe 18. I went into Atti and did a downwind run where I hit 51.8 mph according to the telemetry.

The problem here is not really about ground speed limitation, it is airspeed and tilt.

Video confirmation of reduced tilt limit in 3.04 http://youtu.be/L-R6r35L1rA

I am OK (not thrilled) with a 10m/s ground speed limit but cannot accept a 2m/s ground speed when trying to go up wind in a moderate breeze. There are times when we need all the performance out of our Phantoms to get it back and a reduced tilt limit is just dangerous. Sure DJI can and should impose certain fail-safe default for novice out of the box configuration, but don't just keep setting limits, let us change them to fly the way we want.

There was some other mention on another thread that the lower tilt is needed to solve some compass issue, that is pure BS... the regular NAZA V2 doesn't have the compass issue nor reduced tilt limit. DJI, please stop treating us like babies or fools.

Great! i'm still "enjoying" 1.8 but when they fix the compass declination issue i have no choice but to upgrade.

Sigh... have no idea why they would limit the performance.

macheung said:
There was some other mention on another thread that the lower tilt is needed to solve some compass issue, that is pure BS... the regular NAZA V2 doesn't have the compass issue nor reduced tilt limit. DJI, please stop treating us like babies or fools.

Mentioned on a thread, or a statement from DJI? If the former, then you can't really blame DJI for the misinformation. We've seen plenty of that generated within the user community over the past few months.

I did a post on DJI's Facebook page on the dangerous nature of these limitations. Last I looked there was 80 comments. I suggest that making noises there has more chance of getting their attention. Either contribute to that post or better still start a new one and make your voice heard.

They added this because in certain conditions a 35degree tilt could become a much larger tilt with a little bit of help from a heavy unbalanced load and some wind or erratic flight movements. IF the phantom happens to hit a 70 degree tilt the motors shut off. I think we have figured out the cause of quite a few drops from the sky with this as well! But i do agree they should add the option into the assistant in naza mode to adjust these settings. in phantom mode i totally understand it and agree with it

So, I know it's probably in another thread somewhere, if so, please direct me to it. If not, can anyone give good instruction on downgrading to 1.08? I'm running the latest everything. Assuming everything else has to come down too? I don't want to brick my bird.

poostik said:
So, I know it's probably in another thread somewhere, if so, please direct me to it. If not, can anyone give good instruction on downgrading to 1.08? I'm running the latest everything. Assuming everything else has to come down too? I don't want to brick my bird.

it is. ;)

suffice to say it's a case of getting the 1.08 assistant (try http://sharewith.excipere.com/. installing/running that on your windows pc or virtual one for mac user. plug in the Phantom and power cycle it. It will say it's found an upgrade and bish-bash-bosh. Done.

have fun

Bmews

macheung said:
The problem here is not really about ground speed limitation, it is airspeed and tilt.

Video confirmation of reduced tilt limit in 3.04 http://youtu.be/L-R6r35L1rA

I am OK (not thrilled) with a 10m/s ground speed limit but cannot accept a 2m/s ground speed when trying to go up wind in a moderate breeze. There are times when we need all the performance out of our Phantoms to get it back and a reduced tilt limit is just dangerous. Sure DJI can and should impose certain fail-safe default for novice out of the box configuration, but don't just keep setting limits, let us change them to fly the way we want.

The reg Naza-M does indeed have a compass issue. It is , however solved by rotating the "Puck" about twice the Dec in the opposite direction.
The phantom controller seems to use a different method to correct for dec.

The new limitation is not a speed limitation, it is a pitch limit which translates to limit the airspeed. It is faster in Atti mode than GPS.

Tom

Tom

sar104 said:
Mentioned on a thread, or a statement from DJI? If the former, then you can't really blame DJI for the misinformation. We've seen plenty of that generated within the user community over the past few months.

Just misinformation from another thread. The declination fix has no dependency on reduced speeds. But the declination fix will only be available in the newest firmware (3.05 or greater) and that will likely still have the reduced speeds of 3.04.

BMEWS said:
poostik said:

it is. ;)

suffice to say it's a case of getting the 1.08 assistant (try http://sharewith.excipere.com/. installing/running that on your windows pc or virtual one for mac user. plug in the Phantom and power cycle it. It will say it's found an upgrade and bish-bash-bosh. Done.

have fun

Bmews

There are parts to the upgrades that are not downgradable... also if you read the 330cb update it mentions a warning of not using it with firms prior to 3.0 doesnt seem like such good advice if ya dont want problems down the line to me

I really like 3.04. For me it's the most stable yet, but then again I have never had any issues with any of the FW (1.08 and up). I hope the new tilt angles of GPS/15 degrees and Atti/25 degrees is a bug and will be fixed :lol:. I can live with it if not, but heres hoping.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20