3.0 update questions

Reaction score
I know this is a noob question but I am trying to learn..... I am a very recent P2V owner but a photographer for 45 years. I have never been involved with RC or its terminologies. I realize much of what I am seeing on this new assistant software pertains to the plus but I want to make sure an honestly think DJI is making a mistake not separating the PT2 software into version like one for the P2V and another for the P2V+ just to avoid confusion such as I am having as a noob.

What are these new items I see in assistant:

In Channel Monitor: "U", "X2", and "X1"?

in the Basic area: "Control Mode Switch"? I see "U" there and above in "Sticks Monitor" the "X1" and "X2" again???

In Advanced under Gimbal: is the "Tilt Control Gain" equivalent to what we had on the old version for our gimbal control... I do not see a way just looking at the assistant 3.0 software to change the values like we can in the last version?

Thanks in advance for your time answering these few questions... I read the new owners manual and see no reference to these at all.

:lol: 19 views and not a single answer... seems I am not the only one who doesn't know this stuff.

Anyone care to share some wisdom?

JimDE said:
:lol: 19 views and not a single answer... seems I am not the only one who doesn't know this stuff.

Anyone care to share some wisdom?

maybe because nobody has been brave enough to "upgrade?" their phantoms.

:) Bmews

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh I just uploaded the 3.0 PT2 software as a separate file and looked through it........ I have been burned twice before in less than a month... I have learned my lesson with DJI updates... you can bet the farm on that!!!!!!

I just saw these items I have questions about while looking through the program... my P2V is not gone anywhere near a USB cable till I see this 3.0 is working great for others........ sad to feel this way but I am not going there ever again.

:lol: :D :lol: :D

90 views and not one answer to these questions............. that speaks very loudly to me!

If it is well know terms by experienced RC'ers the answer's would take at most 30 seconds to post...... so either we all are noob's and are clueless or no one care's enough to answer these, or JDI has introduced more confusing terminologies (like controller having 3 meanings) for us to have to muddle through and decipher while being paying field testers for them.

I feel I know a little more than average on P2V questions and I don't know the answers to any of your questions. That maybe the case with all the viewers.

Thanks for the honest reply but isn't that scary that the new 3.0 assistant has these items and they seem adjustable or can be calibrated but we all have no friggin idea what they are or do as current P2V owners?

I've upgraded mine to V3 and everything is fine . Flew it today and it's still as the day I got it, ie rock steady.
I'm about 2.5 miles from Leeds Bradford Airport , so outside the Class B restricted zone. As I work at the airport I took my Phantom into the staff car park in my car. I got 5 satellites inside my car and the LEDs were flashing red as advertised.
Did think about trying to see if I could lift the phantom a few inches off the ground by the side of my car, but thankfully saw sense as it would have been difficult to explain if the security cameras had picked me up.

Mossie do you have any idea what those new items in assistant are and do? I am trying to get a grasp on this stuff but I have no idea what these settings are..... Look at the initial post on this thread.

I am glad all is working well for you. I would guess you are using a iPhone or mini ipad on your TX because most android users are having to reduce their preview resolutions to actually get a image to see while it is in the air.

Anyone else care to share their results with the 3.0 update. I am a bit shell shocked to try it myself.

Mossie do you have any idea what those new items in assistant are and do? I am trying to get a grasp on this stuff but I have no idea what these settings are..... Look at the initial post on this thread.

I am glad all is working well for you. I would guess you are using a iPhone or mini ipad on your TX because most android users are having to reduce their preview resolutions to actually get a image to see while it is in the air.

Anyone else care to share their results with the 3.0 update. I am a bit shell shocked to try it myself.

Yes I'm using my Ipad.
There's a good visual description of the no fly limits in the new manual that you can download. It's far easier to understand when you look at that.

JimDE said:
:lol: :D :lol: :D

90 views and not one answer to these questions............. that speaks very loudly to me!

If it is well know terms by experienced RC'ers the answer's would take at most 30 seconds to post...... so either we all are noob's and are clueless or no one care's enough to answer these, or JDI has introduced more confusing terminologies (like controller having 3 meanings) for us to have to muddle through and decipher while being paying field testers for them.

Not many answers because most people don't want their Phantoms flight capabilities restricted by big brother DJI new "feature". I will not touch it till that feature has an off switch.

My Vision is only a month old...I'm still testing 1.08 ...I'm pretty happy with it as it is.... Of course, all of your posts are great reading...You Pros are the trailblazers, so, as a new pilot...I must say,...please carry on. :D I'll bring up the rear. :lol:

I will absolutely not "upgrade" to 3.0 because of the restrictions. I fly by the rules below using VFR digital panel for android to get distances.

2-3 miles of Orlando, Sanford, or Daytona Airports = 200ft max altitude
1-2 miles of Orlando, Sanford, or Daytona Airports = 100ft max altitude
0-1 mile of any airport = 30ft max altitude (tethered) (below highest object)

DJI only shows Orlando and Daytona airports in my area even though Sanford is quite busy with commercial airliners.
DJI will allow my P2V to start it's motors and take off unimpeded directly on one end of the runways of Daytona airport according to their map.

Point is it gives a false sense of security, there are going to be people who take off and say "ummm must be ok here because it let me take off"

No questions regarding 3.0. I have absolutely no intention of self-restricting my flights as I consider myself a good enough and responsible pilot...

Thank you, DJI, but, no, thank you!

JimDE said:
I know this is a noob question but I am trying to learn..... I am a very recent P2V owner but a photographer for 45 years. I have never been involved with RC or its terminologies. I realize much of what I am seeing on this new assistant software pertains to the plus but I want to make sure an honestly think DJI is making a mistake not separating the PT2 software into version like one for the P2V and another for the P2V+ just to avoid confusion such as I am having as a noob.

What are these new items I see in assistant:

In Channel Monitor: "U", "X2", and "X1"?

in the Basic area: "Control Mode Switch"? I see "U" there and above in "Sticks Monitor" the "X1" and "X2" again???

In Advanced under Gimbal: is the "Tilt Control Gain" equivalent to what we had on the old version for our gimbal control... I do not see a way just looking at the assistant 3.0 software to change the values like we can in the last version?

Thanks in advance for your time answering these few questions... I read the new owners manual and see no reference to these at all.

"U" is the name for the channel in the NAZA for flight mode (GPS/ATTI/Manual). Controlled by the top right switch on your controller

"X2" is the name for the channel in the NAZA for Intelligent Orientation Control (IOC). Controlled by the top left switch on your controller

"X1" is the name for the channel in the NAZA for gimbal pitch. Controlled by the lever on the back of your controller.

When your PC is connected to the Phantom by USB, moving those items on your controller should create a corresponding movement in that channel you see in the software.

Does the 3.0 update not show you a switch in the software to change between "Phantom mode" and "NAZA Mode"? If it does, switch it to "Phantom mode" and you won't see a lot of those new confusing settings (which that mode is enabled by default in the P2V to hide).

Is that what you were asking?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj