2nd Flight, 1st with GoPro

Reaction score
First thing I did when I unboxed the Phantom was to balance the props. This was the first time I'd ever attempted prop balancing, and it took a lot of carefull sanding under the prop and then metalic tape on the hub to get them perfect. I didn't do a flight beforehand to compare, but have read that it will help dampen vibrations that can affect the video.

This flight was with the Hero 3 black edition mounted upside down in a GoPro frame enclosure, set to 720, 60 fps.

I kept the GPS mode turned on because its the easiest sort of beginner mode. The wind picked up a bit and there was some rocking motion do to the copter compensating, and I was also being nerdy with the controls at times.

[youtube]http://youtu.be/A6l2mNQpawQ[/youtube]

Cool, looks good Srutledge. Good advice on balancing too. I haven't done it yet but will soon, so I will be able to compare.

You recorded at 60fps, but it looks like you dropped it down to 30 for posting online. Did you do that in Cineform? I was looking back at a video I posted (also shot at 720p60) and I was thinking now that the yaw pan I did up high was too quick, might look better if I slowed it down as well.

I'll post my links too.

Imported and convert to avi in cineform at 60 fps, then fixed it up in movie maker, and posted from there to youtube. Could be that is when it got changed to 30 fps. I did take the yaw portion and slow it down because it was too quick.

I think learning to fly smoothly in ATTI mode would also help quiet the control adjustments automatically made when in GPS mode that create some jitters.

No that jitter is created by the P2 not having a gimbal mounted to it for the GoPro.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik