2m per sec decent speed and downgrading to 1.08

Reaction score
I'm a bit disappointed with the 2m per second descent speed in the the 3.04 firmware. It's a nice safety feature when you are under 20m but when you are coming down from 400m, it seems like a waste of battery power to have to wait 3 minutes. .I read that some people downgrade to 1.08 by going here and running the 1.08 version of the assistant.

http://droneslinger.com/software.html

Are there many cons to this? Am I missing out in any firmware goodies added since then to 3.04 and the new 3.06?

I'd like a feature where they keep it to 2m per sec under a 25m ceiling or something, but above that when you want to come down, 6-8m a sec would be great.

For my taste, 1.08 is the best. I run it on P2V and the + with no problems.
If you're unhappy with the restricted descent rate, why don't you switch to ATTI mode?

I downgraded and got bit by the VSE bug, and crashed into the lake. I have since gone back to 3.04. Ideally, if you never upgraded you would be best staying with 2.0, since it had a slightly faster descent speed, as compared to 3.04. No way to downgrade to that version though.

Fplvert said:
For my taste, 1.08 is the best. I run it on P2V and the + with no problems.
If you're unhappy with the restricted descent rate, why don't you switch to ATTI mode?

I tried to switch to atti mode and the descent speed is exactly the same. 2m/s

I'm on 3.04 now. I didn't know a switch to ATTI (when on 3.04+ I presume) would remove the restricted descent rate, although I'll try it out with what gilmbento mentioned about it still being 2m per sec.

I'm going to give the 1.08 a go first to see what the fuss is all about ;-)

dannytroy said:
I downgraded and got bit by the VSE bug, and crashed into the lake. I have since gone back to 3.04. Ideally, if you never upgraded you would be best staying with 2.0, since it had a slightly faster descent speed, as compared to 3.04. No way to downgrade to that version though.

You can't go to 2.0? It was on that Droneslinger guy's site. I figured you could..

Just scared the crap out of myself with 1.08. ;-) . Came down from 300m at 5m per second (which was very cool!) and at 25m backed off and it kept coming down. Had to elevate and finally stopped at 10m. ;-) That is TOO fast for my newbie skills. Going back to 3.04 or may try 3.06 until I get better...

I wonder how many Youtube crashes are on firmware 1.08 where more skill is required to fly?

Upgraded to 3.06, seems much more comfortable now. In NAZA mode Flipping to ATTI gave me a 3m+ per sec descent (instead of the 2m per sec on GPS) but the high winds blew it sideways so much I had to compensate. Unless I was downwind and wanted the Phantom2 blown back to me ;-) i think I'm gonna stick to GPS over ATTI. On a still day it might be something, or if you had to get it down quickly in a wide open field and did not care about drift (although the 3.06 firmware and DJI app update make it hard to lose track and distance and the time needed to bring it safely home).

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj