2600mAh LiPo 18650

Reaction score
This is the battery that goes inside of the phantom 3 standard controller. I do not need replacement, however I was searching to see if they are available to buy it but I can't find any seller. Anyone know of any seller that offer this kind of battery?

Hi macoman

I asked the same question several months ago, with no luck... it appears as though that battery is simply not available from anyone...

Waylander

This is the battery that goes inside of the phantom 3 standard controller. I do not need replacement, however I was searching to see if they are available to buy it but I can't find any seller. Anyone know of any seller that offer this kind of battery?
18650 3.7V 2.6Ah is a very common and readily available. There were 660 million cylindrical LiION cells produced in 2012 cells, most of which were the 18650 format. You won’t find an 18650 LiPO.

Last edited:
18650 3.7V 2.6Ah is a very common and readily available. There were 660 million cylindrical LiION cells produced in 2012 cells, most of which were the 18650 format. You won’t find an 18650 LiPO.
So Lipo is the kind that is very rare to find it. Wow, I thought that because the phantom 3 is very popular... The parts inside will be easy to find it.

So Lipo is the kind that is very rare to find it. Wow, I thought that because the phantom 3 is very popular... The parts inside will be easy to find it.
What I said is that you won’t get an 18650 in LiPO chemistry, simply because 18650 is a type designation for a LiION cylindrical cell.

Reactions: macoman
LiPo ... is a LiIon .... but has a Polymer strata in it ...

In its very early days ... it was actually called Lithium Ion Polymer ......

Bit like that other battery LiFe ... which is on one form actually LiFePO

18650 is a construction type.

The battery in DJI controllers is a LiPo but of strange design and dimensions. It also has a unusual plug config.

Nigel

What I said is that you won’t get an 18650 in LiPO chemistry, simply because 18650 is a type designation for a LiION cylindrical cell.
Pretty interesting. From a strictly technical standpoint, why would DJI use a LiPO in the remote? Space is not an issue nor is weight, with the power/weight differences between the two battery chemistries moot in a hand carried remote, and LiON in abundant supply and much cheaper?

The only thing I can think of is that they use the same charger for both, but the voltages are vastly different, so I don't see how that figures in.

Nigel, our posts crossed. I just read yours, do I take it now that the RC battery is actually not an 18650 size? If that's the case disregard my blabbering above.

Most vape mod boxes use an 18650. Should be very easy to find, any vape store will have them just be sure to ask for one of the better brands.

Pretty interesting. From a strictly technical standpoint, why would DJI use a LiPO in the remote? Space is not an issue nor is weight, with the power/weight differences between the two battery chemistries moot in a hand carried remote, and LiON in abundant supply and much cheaper?

The only thing I can think of is that they use the same charger for both, but the voltages are vastly different, so I don't see how that figures in.
I don’t know what is in a phantom 3 standard RC, I’ve never opened one up. My comment was specifically that 18650 cells are, as you say, very easy to source.

P3S is stated on the case label : LiPo 2600mAh 3.6V

Its actually a standard 1S LiPo but in a strange shape / dimensions.

P3P is stated on the case label : LiPo 6000mAh 7.4V

This also is a strange shape LiPo but of 2S now - with a very strange plug arrangement that prevents any balance of the cells.

I have both P3S and P3P and just rechecked before typing this.

Nigel

Reactions: macoman

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers