24 fps or 30 fps?

I had shutter speed only to 50. I really start to dislike the 24fps.

If you find you prefer the output from other shutter speeds then go for it. The idea of 24p being "cinematic" is a historical thing as much as anything. Films are slowly moving away from it. Sure, some people will claim the hobbit etc looked "fake" because it was shot at 48p, but chances are the projector they watched it on just wasn't up to the job.

Our country is suffering many fires, you can see the bridge vanish in the mist.
Thought it was a good time to take a picture with my Phantom 3.
wbtk6d.jpg

PageXone - What was the "bitrate" quality of that film?... you can check easily from the "view properties" if you right click when selecting the video file you actually exported to youtube...
This is one of my post produced video files after its been edited, not the one that comes straight from the P3.

2016-08-14.png

PageXone - What was the "bitrate" quality of that film?... you can check easily from the "view properties" if you right click when selecting the video file you actually exported to youtube...
This is one of my post produced video files after its been edited, not the one that comes straight from the P3.

The original file from the Phantom has the same issue that I stated in the first post.
Bitrate is 40mbps because I set that in Premiere output.
I can see that the original file has 60mbps because it was shot 1080p60 and output is 1080p30

The original file from the Phantom has the same issue that I stated in the first post.
Bitrate is 40mbps because I set that in Premiere output.
I can see that the original file has 60mbps because it was shot 1080p60 and output is 1080p30

This is not about shutter speed/frame rate (fps) its to do with the QUALITY of output when you render the final file, A P3Advance can only manage 40mbps, if your outputting at 20mbps it will look slightly worse....

Last edited:
This is not about shutter speed/frame rate (fps) its to do with the QUALITY of output when you render the final file, A P3Advance can only manage 40mbps, if your outputting at 20mbps it will look slightly worse....

Well my recording at 1080p60fps show a 60mbps quality.
if7osz.jpg

Is your the ADVANCE model? as its only supposed to do 40 max?? :)

Is your the ADVANCE model? as its only supposed to do 40 max?? :)
Yes it is Advanced model.
Its odd showing 60mbps just for 1080p60

Just saw this on other forum
Sorry if this has already been mentioned in firmware 1.5.3, I just noticed an increase in video bitrate for my P3A.
Previously in firmware 1.3.2, 1080p/30fps records at 25Mbps and 1080p/60p records at 40Mbps.
Now 1080p/30p records at 40Mbps and 1080p/60fps records at 60Mbps.

Interesting will check on mine.... :) good spot :)

Also are you NTSC or PAL?

:)

Well just checked and my P3Advance does record at 60mbps just like a P3Pro, but only when in NTSC mode and 1080P60 see screen shots of both the 60 and 30 only does 40mbps in this. Good fine!! - I'm using the latest version of App and Firmware as well ;) Higher the bitrate the better quality whatever the shutter speed - So I'm happy. Check this out -

2016-08-15 (1).png
2016-08-15.png

Last edited:
Well just checked and my P3Advance does record at 60mbps just like a P3Pro, but only when in NTSC mode and 1080P60 see screen shots of both the 60 and 30 only does 40mbps in this. Good fine!! - I'm using the latest version of App and Firmware as well ;) Higher the bitrate the better quality whatever the shutter speed - So I'm happy. Check this out -

View attachment 62235 View attachment 62236

Thanks for the video.
If I shoot at 30fps and output to 24fps will it look cinematic? Or the convertion will not work well?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj